The Student Room Group

Gymnast Louis Smith mocks Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KINGYusuf
Atheists are saying God etc is imaginary when they don't have any clue themselves. LOL

Science/Atheists dont claim to know everything about the universe, it's far to vast and old for us to ever completely master. However what we can do is examine all the evidence we do have and form the most logical conclusion about the universe. Scientists arent afraid to admit they were wrong if the evidence changes.

People who follow religion are quite happy to believe books written thousands of years ago with no logical evidence whatsoever. You believe because your parents brought you up to believe you didn't examine the evidence and forge your own conclusion on the origin of the universe.

Religion is for simpletons who can't get their head around the fact the universe is far to complex a beast for the human race to ever fully understand so turn to fairytales to fill the gap instead of trying to work out as much as they can.

It's also comforting for weak minded people to believe they are going to their 'afterlife' rather than accept their own mortality.
(edited 7 years ago)
It doesn't explain anything you moron? You talk about negative and positive energy, what created this?

who created god? we at least know that dark energy actually exists you absolute pleb

You can't just go with the fact everything came from nothing, typical ignorant cretin. I'm not even Christian.

so how did god create the universe from nothing you nonce?

Let's believe everything came from nothing :biggrin:

it's not a matter of belief but a matter of empirical observation :| you clearly have no idea about the big bang, this is the thing...

"What created the "nothing"/negative energy/positive energy you speak of?"

why are you assuming they were ever invented? why are you thinking like everything needs a bob the builder to exist? :| how did god exist without a creator, I must ask once again. your reasoning is like a child's. you can't get past this broken logic that everything (except your sky man) needed to be especially created, even though before the universe there was no universe to create things in.

Atheist: insults me

I wasn't *only* insulting you (as you deserve), I was also giving you some advice - the church will accept you.
but sorry, I find it difficult to be patient with people who don't take the time to read up on this stuff. I have literally been reading about it for years and you're *clearly* somebody who's wilfully ignorant. that should not be my fault and that should not be my burden. I've experienced so many proudly unenlightened people such as yourself who have *so* many drastic logical errors in their mindset that it is just *painful*. I mean, it's not exactly controversial that dunces should not be especially accommodated. either be a least partially rational or you're not going to be able to keep up.

haha give up

give up on what? trying to educate the mentally less-fortunate?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shabalala
Science/Atheists dont claim to know everything about the universe, it's far to vast and old for us to ever completely master. However what we can do is examine all the evidence we do have and form the most logical conclusion about the universe. Scientists arent afraid to admit they were wrong if the evidence changes.*

People who follow religion are quite happy to believe books written thousands of years ago with no logical evidence whatsoever. You believe because your parents brought you up to believe you didn't examine the evidence and forge your own conclusion on the origin of the universe.

Religion is for simpletons who can't get their head around the fact the universe is far to complex a beast for the human race to ever fully understand so turn to fairytales to fill the gap.

No? I actually did my research. I'm not an Atheist because they can't explain what caused the Big Bang etc.
Reply 43
It doesn't explain anything you moron? You talk about negative and positive energy, what created this? You can't just go with the fact everything came from nothing, typical ignorant cretin. I'm not even Christian.

Let's believe everything came from nothing :biggrin:

"What created the "nothing"/negative energy/positive energy you speak of?"

Atheist: insults me

haha give up

The fact that we still do not know the exact origin of the universe is not a reason for believing in a religion, especially when other postulates of this religion have been scientifically proven wrong over the years. I do hope that one day scientists will explain it in details.
For once I find myself agreeing with Daily Mail comments. If he was mocking a Vicar no one would batt any eyelid.
Original post by Josb
The fact that we still do not know the exact origin of the universe is not a reason for believing in a religion, especially when other postulates of this religion have been scientifically proven wrong over the years. I do hope that one day scientists will explain it in details.

But Atheists will never know the reason. Even if they found out information about what created the Big Bang, that will lead to more questions i.e. "so what created that then?" it's a loop
Reply 46
But Atheists will never know the reason.

We'll see.

No? I actually did my research. I'm not an Atheist because they can't explain what caused the Big Bang etc.

This would only give credit to Theism (God created the Universe and let it grow thereafter), not the three religions of the Book, whose nonsense has been exposed.
Original post by catholicgirl

What an IDIOT!!

Is he an idiot because he failed to mock islam before this? Or is it because he didn't also mock Christianity and Hinduism? Either way, mocking religion and other superstitious beliefs should be made compulsory.
Original post by Shabalala
Science/Atheists dont claim to know everything about the universe, it's far to vast and old for us to ever completely master. However what we can do is examine all the evidence we do have and form the most logical conclusion about the universe. Scientists arent afraid to admit they were wrong if the evidence changes.

Religion is for simpletons who can't get their head around the fact the universe is far to complex a beast for the human race to ever fully understand so turn to fairytales to fill the gap instead of trying to work out as much as they can.

It's also comforting for weak minded people to believe they are going to their 'afterlife' rather than accept their own mortality.

Religion is for simpletons? Many academics who have far succeeded your own modest school year successes practice religion. Clearly religion is not just confined to the "simple".

The statement in bold can be applied to anyone and therefore has no substance. It can be said that atheists can't handle the complexities of the universe and the fact that our knowledge will always be lacking, and so limit themselves to only what has already been observed using scientific method?
I'm not even religious but I cannot stand intolerance like yours. Let people have their beliefs and faiths, without feeling the need to pompously put them down.
(edited 7 years ago)
But Atheists will never know the reason. Even if they found out information about what created the Big Bang, that will lead to more questions i.e. "so what created that then?" it's a loop

no it won't - if there's no space/time (universe) it is literally an impossibility that something could have been there before it. what can exist in a medium of no time and no space? define existence, too, so that I can be confident that I understand what you mean whenm you say god "exists" without space and time? you also don't seem to comprehend that there is basically no difference between the concept of time and the concept of space - you need time to measure the movement between spaces, and you need space to measure the time in which things happen within, because things do not "happen" without space. if you have a universe, you have the fabric of space time, where distortions in space necessarily mean the distortion of time - that's the thing about black holes and light waves, or even moving incredibly quickly - there is relativity in the universe dependent upon space and time, and energy inbetwen those two. so to go further, your problem is that you're thinking of time and space as something separate from the universe - that is a scientific problem. you can't have time and space without a universe, and if you have no universe, you cannot have time and space and hence you cannot have a medium for creation, and you cannot have a medium for causation either, which basically only exists *within* the universe with matter and energy (and time/space). how can you "cause" something without any kind of physicality? the universe before even existing made no form and no essence - how did a (non-existent) god cause a universe if there was no universe itself to cause?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
no it won't - if there's no universe (space/time) it is literally an impossibility that something could have been there before it. what can exist in a medium of no time and no space? define existence, too, so that I can be confident that I understand what you mean whenm you say god "exists" without space and time? you also don't seem to comprehend that there is basically no difference between the concept of time and the concept of space - you need time to measure the movement between spaces, and you need space to measure the time in which things happen within, because things do not "happen" without space. if you have a universe, you have the fabric of space time, where distortions in space necessarily mean the distortion of time - that's the thing about black holes and light waves, or even moving incredibly quickly - there is relativity in the universe dependent upon space and time, and energy inbetwen those two. so to go further, your problem is that you're thinking of time and space as something separate from the universe - that is a scientific problem. you can't have time and space without a universe, and if you have no universe, you cannot have time and space and hence you cannot have a medium for creation, and you cannot have a medium for causation either, which basically only exists *within* the universe with matter and energy (and time/space). how can you "cause" something without any kind of physicality? the universe before even existing made no form and no essence - how did a (non-existent) god cause a universe if there was no universe itself to cause?

Bro I honestly can't be bothered to read all that so have a nice day lol
Bro I just got rekt lol

Fixed.
Reply 52
Original post by Good bloke
Is he an idiot because he failed to mock islam before this? Or is it because he didn't also mock Christianity and Hinduism? Either way, mocking religion and other superstitious beliefs should be made compulsory.

[In a sarcastic tone] OK then. We should also mock homosexuals and transgender people. While we are at it we should also mock disabled people and people with life threatening illness.
Bro

cringe

So what? How does not knowing how the Big Bang occurred give any credence to God's existence?

There is tonnes of evidence for the Big Bang and absolutely nil for Allah. Making up an imaginary God and saying it created the Big Bang isn't explaining anything by the way. It holds no more weight than me saying a giant rabbit created it instead of Allah.
Original post by catholicgirl
[In a sarcastic tone] OK then. We should also mock homosexuals and transgender people. While we are at it we should also mock disabled people and people with life threatening illness.

How is mocking somebody for being gay the same as mocking someone for having daft beliefs?
Reply 56
Ok so people saying OMG are disrespecting Christians. Where's our pat on the back, where are the newspapers rushing to defend us and attack the criminals blaspheming? ...and they say in this secular state religious people are all treated with equal respect?
All Atheists need to understand this. This constant "religion needs to be mocked". lol stfu, neither has solid proof

is there solid proof that santa doesn't exist? or elves? or goblins? or unicorns? or gremlins? or pixies? or fairies? or vampires? where is your line? you believe in god I assume because you say to us that there is no proof against him, but is there proof against fairies and unicorns either? have you checked 100% of the universe for them?
I, for one, think that people should be sent to prison and ridiculed for insulting my imaginary friend.

Note satire xD.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Would this be even slightly mentioned if it were any other religion? If he was taking the piss out of Buddhism, or Christianity or Shintoism?

Only other one I can think of, that people would get up in arms about is if he mocked Jewish praticise.. but even then I don't think it would make the news, unless it was really bad.

Complete non-story that is only going to get people angry and spark criticism, (and lots of lovely views..), all based on islam being a trending topic right now.

But that's the point isn't it? He's not mocking or insulting any other religion. The hostility has only been towards Islam/muslims for quite some time now.

Tbh you can't have any role in the public eye and do something offensive without the papers writing articles about it. They only do it to sell papers and Louis Smith is one of the more well known Olympians.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending