The Student Room Group

How do you calculate tsa oxford scores using the conversion sheet?

Hey

could someone please tell me how scores for the TSA oxford are calculated using the score conversion sheet?
Original post by Betsyyyy1
Hey

could someone please tell me how scores for the TSA oxford are calculated using the score conversion sheet?

You take your mark out of 50 and you see what the corresponding score is... unless I'm misunderstanding your question?
Original post by Plagioclase
You take your mark out of 50 and you see what the corresponding score is... unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

It doesn't work like that. Each questions is worth a different number of points, depending on its difficulty.
Original post by Rhaenys10
It doesn't work like that. Each questions is worth a different number of points, depending on its difficulty.

I'm not claiming to know better than you (because I don't) but if that's true, what's the point of releasing documents like this?
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm not claiming to know better than you (because I don't) but if that's true, what's the point of releasing documents like this?

Oh, if you're talking about the "TSA Score" thing, you're absolutely right. I thought you were telling OP to just count how many questions they got right and take that mark out of 50.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. :colondollar:
Original post by Rhaenys10
Oh, if you're talking about the "TSA Score" thing, you're absolutely right. I thought you were telling OP to just count how many questions they got right and take that mark out of 50.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. :colondollar:

Where can you find how many marks is each question worth then? Because only official documents are TSA Conversion sheets, and in them every right or wrong answer has the same value - 1 mark (before conversion)?
Original post by Whasupman
Where can you find how many marks is each question worth then? Because only official documents are TSA Conversion sheets, and in them every right or wrong answer has the same value - 1 mark (before conversion)?

It's not about the "difficulty of each question", each question is weighted equally. They use a scaling system (Rasch Technique) so that a score that was only slightly better than average (let's say 31/50), is only worth a little above the average "scaled score". However, a much higher score (48/50), will go up to something like 95.0 so that it is clear that that applicant was particularly strong. :smile: just use the conversion sheet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending