Original post by 11234
Would I still be competibg for the same places for g100 or just those for g103

Did you find out anything?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Reply 182
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Did you find out anything?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

i found it was easier to switch from mmath to bsc so might apply for that but gonna ask physicsmaths whether he applied for g100 or g103
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Intended subject: Computer Science

Extracurricular:

- Have taught differential equations,topology, programming languages, compilers, hardware to my peers. Also led 20+ people to write their first program in C++

The Nobel prize has just been awarded for the study of topology:smile:
[QUOTE="davozgenius;67946950"]
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Intended subject: Computer Science

Extracurricular:

- Have taught differential equations,topology, programming languages, compilers, hardware to my peers. Also led 20+ people to write their first program in C++

The Nobel prize has just been awarded for the study of topology:smile:

Or to be more precise,the application of topology to materials science.
[QUOTE="Kadak;67954074"]
Original post by davozgenius

Or to be more precise,the application of topology to materials science.

To be even more precise, for the theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.
[QUOTE="davozgenius;67956188"]
Original post by Kadak

To be even more precise, for the theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.

guess so:biggrin:,just pointing out that your original statement makes it sound like the three men contributed to topology like perelman or william thurston rather then they used in condensed matter physics.
Intended Subject: Physics
GCSE Grades: 7 A*s, 1 A, 1 B, 1 Distinction*
AS-Level: AAA
A-Level: A* in Maths and Predited A*A*A* in Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I completed my Maths A-Level in Lower Sixth.
Extracurriculars: Plenty of stuff. I played cricket, hockey, piano and badminton. I build computers. Did Bronze DofE. Did a week of work experience at nuclear physics lab.
Seeing as there's no postgrad love yet, will post here. Applying to the MSc in Computer Science (Machine Learning). Graduated from Imperial in Aero Eng (80%), with an exchange at NUS in Singapore (CAP 4.5/5)
Is anyone going to the open day on 12th October??
Has anyone got a physics interview at Imperial yet?
Original post by akpai22

Wow, I didn't know they gave out interviews so early. xD
Original post by akpai22

I haven't, nor have I heard of anyone that has... On their website it says:
"We interview groups of 12 students most days of the week from 24 October 2016 to 14 December and from 23 January 2017 to 7 March 2017. We attempt to work through applications roughly in the order received but since in recent years we have received about 1000 applications by mid October it has typically taken us until early February before the majority of suitable October applicants have been interviewed. Applicants who apply from late October until the final UCAS deadline of 15th January are more likely to be interviewed in February or March"
Original post by akpai22

I got one today too! Which day are you going? Mine is 27th October, which is pretty soon!
Original post by TiernanW
Wow, I didn't know they gave out interviews so early. xD

Yeah I already have one in 2 weeks. Not too nervous.
Original post by akpai22
I got one today as well. Mine is on the 25th of October.

When did you send off your application?
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
When did you send off your application?

Saturday 1st October, and I sent them my UMS marks, after they requested them, on Thursday 6th
Original post by Candidate6
Saturday 1st October, and I sent them my UMS marks, after they requested them, on Thursday 6th

So not too early then. Did you have amazing grades and everything?
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
So not too early then. Did you have amazing grades and everything?

Haha I guess so, I did my maths A Level this year, and got a high A* so I suppose that helps, and am predicted A*A*A* for Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths.

But I'm a lil worried for the interview, as I don't really know what to expect but hopefully they will recognise that I'm worth it, even if I'm quite a shy person. I wouldn't worry if you don't have an interview yet, if you're a good candidate then I'm sure it will all work out.
Original post by Candidate6
Haha I guess so, I did my maths A Level this year, and got a high A* so I suppose that helps, and am predicted A*A*A* for Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths.

But I'm a lil worried for the interview, as I don't really know what to expect but hopefully they will recognise that I'm worth it, even if I'm quite a shy person. I wouldn't worry if you don't have an interview yet, if you're a good candidate then I'm sure it will all work out.

Lol, I knew those Imperial tutors interview in order of application strength. I'm applying for medicine, so I definitely won't be getting any updates until December probably, since the BMAT results are released in late Nov.

I wouldn't worry about shyness, if you've gone to an Imperial open day, shyness is pretty abundant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending