The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
IVs are 97%, perfect attack and defence but stamina is a 14. =l

Off the top of my head you don't have many high CP pokemon? Gyarados' overall stats are pretty impressive so it will still make a good attacker/defender for gym battles.

It's not a "must power" with that moveset but you don't need to ignore it. For example I'm not touching my Arcanine (CP 1600+) since the charge move is bulldoze (ground) which is awful and no STAB. Whereas even though my Vaporeon has Aqua Tail (rather than the preferred Hydropump), I've still powered it up.

You've got plenty of stardust too.
Original post by Zerforax
Off the top of my head you don't have many high CP pokemon? Gyarados' overall stats are pretty impressive so it will still make a good attacker/defender for gym battles.

It's not a "must power" with that moveset but you don't need to ignore it. For example I'm not touching my Arcanine (CP 1600+) since the charge move is bulldoze (ground) which is awful and no STAB. Whereas even though my Vaporeon has Aqua Tail (rather than the preferred Hydropump), I've still powered it up.

You've got plenty of stardust too.

My top Pokemon are ok but nothing spectacular. Screenshot below of my top lot.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475754644.334009.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scienceisgood
my top pokemon are ok but nothing spectacular. Screenshot below of my top lot.

posted from tsr mobile

guys guys
i found a gyarados in my ********* come check peeps peace out
My top Pokemon are ok but nothing spectacular. Screenshot below of my top lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty decent. Have you powered anything to max? Depends on moves I suppose.

Spoiler

It's not the perfect Gyarados, because it doesn't have Hydro Pump, but it does allow you to do something special with it.

Since the Gyarados has Dragon Pulse, it has a move which is super effective against Dragon type Pokemon, while Gyarados itself is Water/Flying. Basically you should be able to take down any similar CP Dragon type Pokemon quite easily with this. Though you do already have a Lapras, with the prevalence of Dragonites (since it is the strongest Pokemon) having 2 Pokemon to take them down is by no means an issue.

Still not played Pokemon Go since the buddy system came out. Anything new happening with it or is it still the same?
Original post by tomtjl

It's not the perfect Gyarados, because it doesn't have Hydro Pump, but it does allow you to do something special with it.

Since the Gyarados has Dragon Pulse, it has a move which is super effective against Dragon type Pokemon, while Gyarados itself is Water/Flying. Basically you should be able to take down any similar CP Dragon type Pokemon quite easily with this. Though you do already have a Lapras, with the prevalence of Dragonites (since it is the strongest Pokemon) having 2 Pokemon to take them down is by no means an issue.

Still not played Pokemon Go since the buddy system came out. Anything new happening with it or is it still the same?

Don't understand why it's not Water/Dragon type really..

Nothing new so far. Spawns seem a little different so I'm getting a different mix lately but otherwise same old same old.

Did you ever finish your pokedex?
And after I post that there's nothing new, Niantic release information about two new changes coming:

Gym Training Just Got Easier...

Trainers,

As we continue to make improvements to Pokémon GO, we have made an enhancement to the Gym experience for Trainers of all levels. In an upcoming version of Pokémon GO, when training at a friendly Gym, Trainers will be able to bring six Pokémon to battle instead of one. In addition, the CP of the Pokémon you are training against may be temporarily adjusted lower during your training session to generally match your Pokémon’s battle capabilities.

No matter what your level, you can now have an impact on your team’s Gym. Walk with your Buddy Pokémon to that nearby landmark and show your Team Leader that you can battle with the best!

The Pokémon GO team

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/training_update/

Earn a New Capture Bonus to Increase the Odds of Catching Rare Pokémon

Trainers,

We want to give you a sneak peek of a feature coming soon to Pokémon GO. We are adding a new feature which grants a catch bonus when you earn medals based on catching certain types of Pokémon (Kindler, Psychic, Gardener, etc.). These new bonuses will give you a better chance of capturing Pokémon with a related type. For example, as you reach a higher tier for the Kindler Medal, your bonus to catch Fire-type Pokémon such as Charmander, Vulpix and Ponyta increases.

Trainers can work their way to a new tier by catching many Pokémon of the same type. If a Pokémon has multiple types, your bonus will be the average of your bonuses for each type. For example, Pidgey is both Normal and Flying type. Your bonus in this case would be the average of your Normal-type and Flying-type bonuses.

Look forward to this new feature coming soon!

The Pokémon GO team

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/elemental/
So from the updates, it's easier to catch something I already have loads of :/

Useful...
Original post by Donkey******
So from the updates, it's easier to catch something I already have loads of :/

Useful...

The gym update makes sense but I wonder if it should be you can use a team which is the same number as the pokemon in the gym (capped at 6). Not clear why you need 6 pokemon if there is only one in the gym? Probably will make it easier for people to get gyms to max level?

It's not clear if it improves spawn rates or just catch rate? If the latter, is that really a big impact or improvement?

I guess it's better if improves spawn rates? Don't think that would be easy to code though.
The gym update thing will make upgrading gyms waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. I think it's fine the way it is but instead of allowing 6 pokemon, allow players to use potions on their pokemon mid way through the battle.
Seriously, gyms are being harvested now which is no fun...

Currently have 44 revives and want to increase it even more to take down a gym which is *issing me off now...
Seriously, ALL the gyms in my local area are now Team Valor and have the max prestige! Also, they're all owned by the same lot of people... -.-
The gym update thing will make upgrading gyms waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. I think it's fine the way it is but instead of allowing 6 pokemon, allow players to use potions on their pokemon mid way through the battle.

Currently have 44 revives and want to increase it even more to take down a gym which is *issing me off now...
Seriously, ALL the gyms in my local area are now Team Valor and have the max prestige! Also, they're all owned by the same lot of people... -.-

Well, Valor are the hardcore that take it most seriously and competitively

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess that's the issue with smaller/less active areas? I still see gyms taken down regularly in London so far.
Guys, I need a hug...
Walking through the park today I come across my first ever Wild Growlithe and it had a CP of 813...
Used a Razzberry and a ultra ball and ran away first time. D=

Already have a Growlithe from an egg but nowhere near as good as that one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I need a hug...
Walking through the park today I come across my first ever Wild Growlithe and it had a CP of 813...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only growlithes I have have been wild, the highest CP is 587 :hugs:
Guys, I need a hug...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that is a *****

How close are you to an Arcanine? Mine ended up with Bulldoze which really upset me. I have around 20 candies now so would be able to power to 1950 CP but what's the point with such crap moves?
Damn that is a *****

How close are you to an Arcanine? Mine ended up with Bulldoze which really upset me. I have around 20 candies now so would be able to power to 1950 CP but what's the point with such crap moves?

I have 15 Growlithe candy but, if I had evolved that Growlithe that ran away from me, I could have got a mid 1800s CP Arcanine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok guys, as hard as it is to believe, one of the three gyms in my area is no longer Valor, it is Mystic!

Not complaining at all, will go out later today and take down another hopefully. I will make it so they never show their faces again...

Goodbye Valor...

Posted from TSR Mobile
World record Eevee for me!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475942886.579183.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy with today. One of those gyms, I managed to get down from 52k to 11k. =D

Only had to stop because I ran out of revives... =(
That Eevee turned into a 1400CP Jolteon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't understand why it's not Water/Dragon type really..

Nothing new so far. Spawns seem a little different so I'm getting a different mix lately but otherwise same old same old.

Did you ever finish your pokedex?

Because a Water/Dragon type would only have 1 super effective attack against it, which would be Dragon (Ice would be x1 due to the Water type). As such, the developers felt that a Water/Dragon type Pokemon in generation 1 would be too OP to deal with and would effectively make it the strongest Pokemon in the game. They changed this down the line though as more Pokemon came out that could combat it (then the introduced Fairy types, etc).

Never finished the Pokedex, not far off though. If I remember, I need 5 candy or so for both Bellsprout and Oddish and then I can evolve them both completely, can also evolve Geodude up to Golem but I was waiting for more evolutions as to not waste a lucky egg. After that I think I only had Muk and a couple of others to get the 142.

Quick Reply

Latest