The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Architecture

I'm thinking of applying to do architecture at reading next year and I wanted to know if it is a completely new course to the university, as in they didn't teach it before, or if it is like an update of the course, making it new?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YasminEk
I'm thinking of applying to do architecture at reading next year and I wanted to know if it is a completely new course to the university, as in they didn't teach it before, or if it is like an update of the course, making it new?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Yasmin!

The architecture course started this year (2016), although it's been in preparation for over two years. It draws upon some existing modules in Construction and Real Estate but seeks to build a bespoke package that delivers on a number of fronts (especially sustainable, practice-relevant and business-aware architecture).

The School is currently housed in a beautiful building amongst the Victorian cloistered quads of the London Road Campus, near the centre of Reading, whilst a new/refurbished home is being constructed on the main University campus at Whiteknights, just up the hill from London Road.

I was talking to two of the current students at yesterday's Open Day and they said they were enjoying the course and the University immensely....so that sounds good!

Hope that this helps.

Joe Doak,
UG Admissions Tutor for Real Estate & Planning
(edited 7 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes it does thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi YasminEk,
Just to build on Joe Doak's reply - The university are currently offering a £2000 scholarship per year of your course if you are thinking of enrolling in 2017, these are subject to the following conditions:-

- An academic achievement of grades AAB at A Level (or equivalent*);
- An impressive performance at interview, which demonstrates excellent design and representation skills and a clear commitment to study architecture at the University of Reading;
- Place the University of Reading as Firm choice with UCAS by 04 May 2017.

Further details are available on our website

Mark :smile:
Final Year Accounting and Management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending