The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester 2017 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hussxni19
Guys I need help, do you think I should apply to University of Manchester for Civil Engineering BEng?I go ACC at AS and am predicted A*AB Do you think I will get an offer or is Manchester too strict?

What subjects do you do?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Anyone applying for Sociology with Quantitative methods?

I got ABB in Maths, Religious Studies and Fine Art. So I dropped Religious Studies and for A2 I'm doing Sociology, Maths and Art with a prediction of A*A*A. I love the course structure and hopefully my application will be done in two weeks then I can send it off!
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects do you do?

Maths physics and Applied ICT
Anyone else applying for physics?

I applied last week and have been invited to interview next Thursday? It seems rather soon..

I have seen on other (outdated) forums that an interview is equal to an offer, but the interview is to decide what the offer will be (A*A*A or A*AA or unconditional etc). Does anyone know if this is the case? Haven't actually been to an open day so would be grateful for anyone who has discussed this with an Admissions Tutor :smile:
Reply 24
Guys I need help, do you think I should apply to University of Manchester for Civil Engineering BEng?I go ACC at AS and am predicted A*AB Do you think I will get an offer or is Manchester too strict?

Those predictions are far too off your AS grades.
Original post by Fadel

Not really, the A* is for ICT as I got a high A at AS (280 UMS out of 300)The A is for Maths which I got a C in at AS because I only failed C2. C1 and M1 were both 78/100 which a high B therefore I'm repeating C2. Overall Maths UMS was 5 UMS of a B which is about 2 and a half raw marks. The B is for Physics which I got a C in at AS because I failed the second paper (AS 2) which I am also repeating. First paper (AS 1) I got an A
Original post by Fadel

Some guy above got ABB and his predicitons are A*A*A*
Now that is well off...
Some guy above got ABB and his predicitons are A*A*A*
Now that is well off...

It is a bit unrealistic to jump 2 grades I got a high A in maths AS but only predicted an A for A2 as most people go down a grade rather than up a grade (but that might just be my school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milutin767
Course: Biochemistry BSc
AS: AAAB
A-Level (achieved, gap year atm): AAB (Biology, Psychology and Chemistry respectively)
Offer: Haven't sent it yet but will do in a weeks time or so

Nice to see a fellow Biochemistry applicant with the exact same A Level subjects as me:biggrin::smile:
Applying for BSc biochemistry
Achieved ACC at AS
Predicted A*AB at A2
Sent my UCAS application off last week, no acknowledgement from Manchester yet!
Original post by Sophie31289
It is a bit unrealistic to jump 2 grades I got a high A in maths AS but only predicted an A for A2 as most people go down a grade rather than up a grade (but that might just be my school)

Posted from TSR Mobile

A girl from my school last year went from a D at AS to an A at A2, anything is possible.
Same with Physics, one guy went from an E to an A
Original post by t.thompson22
Applying for BSc biochemistry
Achieved ACC at AS
Predicted A*AB at A2
Sent my UCAS application off last week, no acknowledgement from Manchester yet!

Ayyy, same AS results and A2 predictions!
What subjects you doing?
Ayyy, same AS results and A2 predictions!
What subjects you doing?

Nice one!! :biggrin: I do psychology, biology & chemistry! You?
Original post by t.thompson22
Nice one!! :biggrin: I do psychology, biology & chemistry! You?

Wooooo, I do Applied ICT, Maths and Physics!
Reply 34
Course- Politics and Modern History
AS- 5 As (History, Politics, English Literature, Maths, Further Maths)
A Level- Predicted 3A*s in History, Politics and English as well as 2A*s in the EPQ and General Studies
Anyone heard back for this course?
Original post by Candidate6
Anyone else applying for physics?

I applied last week and have been invited to interview next Thursday? It seems rather soon..

I have seen on other (outdated) forums that an interview is equal to an offer, but the interview is to decide what the offer will be (A*A*A or A*AA or unconditional etc). Does anyone know if this is the case? Haven't actually been to an open day so would be grateful for anyone who has discussed this with an Admissions Tutor :smile:

Interview equalling an offer is usually the way Manchester works for the usual/normal courses (e.g. geography, history etc). Usually the interview is very informal/relaxed for standard degree courses - differs for health care/medicine etc of course.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Course- Fashion Buying and Merchandising
AS- AAAAC
Predicted- A*A*A
Offers- Just about to send my application ready (hopefully) for interviews in Nov and Dec
Medicine
AS - AAAA
GCSE - 7A* 2A 1B 1C
A2 Predictions - A*A*A*
Application sent 4 days ago. Acknowledgement from two unis out of four excluding manchester
Just got an offer for BSC Econ , they didn't send any confirmation email was worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got invited for an interview at Manchester for biochemistry on the 26th October. What should I expect? Any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending