The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine A100 2017 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lololtolu
I only got a 620 in my UKCAT and a Band 2 in SJT, my VR draaagged my score down. I have 21 points with the GCSE point system and predicted AAA, I have soome work experience but have some planned in this half term (after the deadline), should I mention this on my statement too? And would I have a shot at getting into Liverpool?

Liverpool is 70% statement so realistically if you have a great statement and haven't either absolutely failed ur ukcat or As' you have a chance of getting in.
Original post by Pawini
Liverpool is 70% statement so realistically if you have a great statement and haven't either absolutely failed ur ukcat or As' you have a chance of getting in.

Where did you get the info about it being 70% PS? I thought that was Bristol?
Hi should I apply to liverpool?

A levels (achieved): A*AA
AS Levels: AAAA
GCSE: 8A* and A in chemistry and 2 other A grades
UKCAT: 1870 sjt score: band 3 (**** verbal reasoning and sjt)

1 week in GP, 1 week in hospital, 1 week in pharmacy, first aid cert. arranging to work for st john's ambulance in gap year, volunteer at care home, volunteer as childrens hospice and its charity shop, 1 year working as a maths and english tutor for kids, can speak 2 other languages.

Does it look decent enough to get an interview? because I don't really understand how liverpool chooses people for interview. thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

I submitted my UCAS application and I opted for Aberdeen as a last minute choice instead of Liverpool. I was thinking of changing it back to Liverpool since I was told Aberdeen's cut-off points for an offer was 620 Avg :frown: Here's mine.

IGCSEs: 7A* 2As
IB Predicted Grades: 43/45 IB points
UKCAT: 630 Avg (1890 + SJT Band 3 :/)

Should I change it back to Liverpool once the welcome message from UCAS comes out, which allows students to change their universities up to 7 days? I'm so stressed out right now :frown: :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by noctisff
Where did you get the info about it being 70% PS? I thought that was Bristol?

I asked at the open day :tongue:, I know nothing about bristol so I cannot comment on that unfortunately.
Original post by Pawini
I asked at the open day :tongue:, I know nothing about bristol so I cannot comment on that unfortunately.

Oh right, it says nothing about that on their website :/
Reply 86
Oh right, it says nothing about that on their website :/

It says precious little on their website to be honest, anyway will you be applying ?
Original post by Emir Imran
Posted from TSR Mobile

I submitted my UCAS application and I opted for Aberdeen as a last minute choice instead of Liverpool. I was thinking of changing it back to Liverpool since I was told Aberdeen's cut-off points for an offer was 620 Avg :frown: Here's mine.

IGCSEs: 7A* 2As
IB Predicted Grades: 43/45 IB points
UKCAT: 630 Avg (1890 + SJT Band 3 :/)

Should I change it back to Liverpool once the welcome message from UCAS comes out, which allows students to change their universities up to 7 days? I'm so stressed out right now :frown: :frown:

The thing about Aberdeen is, they don't forget your UKCAT score once you get to interview. If invited to interview, they look at 20% UKCAT, 30% academics and then the remaining 50% comes from the interview itself. This is why the lowest scoring UKCAT offer holder at Aberdeen was 620 in 2015. However if you feel as though your interview skills are strong, I can't encourage you not to apply. At the same time, bear in mind that your UKCAT is more than "competitive" enough for Liverpool, and you wold score top marks for GCSE's - it all just comes down to your personal statement. Hope that information helps you decide. :smile:
Original post by Pawini
It says precious little on their website to be honest, anyway will you be applying ?

Yeah I will, mostly because my ukcat (637 average) isn't really competitive for most unis and I feel my PS is much stronger than last year (gap year applicant)
Reply 89
Yeah I will, mostly because my ukcat (637 average) isn't really competitive for most unis and I feel my PS is much stronger than last year (gap year applicant)

I think I'm going for liverpool as first choice, sadly I think my personal statement is probably the weakest part of my application
A levels (achieved): AAA
AS Levels: AAAB
GCSE: 2A*s and 8As
UKCAT: 1960 Band 2

I would say that I have a pretty strong PS, 13 months volunteering at a care home, 1 week pharmacy, 1 week at a medical centre. Currently got a part time job.
Reply 91
Anyone applying as first choice??
Not too sure if it's my first choice but I was going to replace it with Aberdeen. Should I? Because I'm pretty frightened with the cut-off scores last year, it was a 620 Avg and I only got a 630 Avg (1890 + SJT Band 3) for my UKCAT exam this year.

A couple of my peers suggested to go with Liverpool since their cut-off score this year would be indicated as 1750-1850 based on the new format. I hope I'll make the right choice!
Hi guys, I'm trying to decide between UEA and Liverpool atm, I have the following stats;
GCSEs: 6A*s 4As 1C (French)
AS: AAABBC
A2: AABBDD
A2 resits: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 620 Band 2
I am quite bad at interviews- had 3 post interview rejections last year :frown:
Any suggestions?
Reply 94
I'm applying to Liverpool as an International Student:

My PS is pretty well written
IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???
Original post by falreefy
I'm applying to Liverpool as an International Student:

My PS is pretty well written
IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???

You have 4 freaking HL subjects wtf. Damn you're good.
Reply 96
Haha thanks! IB itself is so draining but I hope it'll all be worth it.. Do you think I have a chance at Liverpool, do I bother even applying?
Hi is anyone applying as a graduate to the A100 medicine course at Liverpool as well as the A101 course?
I'm in a bit of crappy situation.

I rang up Liverpool and they are saying that I need to mention in my personal statement why I would defer entry for the 5 year course even tho it's only for financial reasons.

The problem is if I do that then it sounds like I'm wanting defer entry for all courses even tho I've applied for the 4 year one (you can't defer for this one)

I'm so confused about what to do?
Please helppppppp should I include the reason or just leave it out?

Surely they can just ask me at interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lololtolu
I only got a 620 in my UKCAT and a Band 2 in SJT, my VR draaagged my score down. I have 21 points with the GCSE point system and predicted AAA, I have soome work experience but have some planned in this half term (after the deadline), should I mention this on my statement too? And would I have a shot at getting into Liverpool?

21 in the points system?
Max is 18?
Original post by WhoDaresWins
21 in the points system?
Max is 18?

sorry, didn't read anything about a max. Just saw max 2 points per subject and I did 11.

Quick Reply

Latest