The Student Room Group

What's the worst situation you've not been prepared for?

For me, it was yesterday. I wanted to join a football team, so I was told to go to the venue it would be taking place at to speak to the guy who runs the team.

I was told when I got there to meet him in one of the changing rooms, and I didn't expect I could actually join start playing on the same day, had I brought with me my shin pads and football shoes, as he passed me a t-shirt and shorts and socks. I thought I would be just speaking to him about joining. I ended up having to leave and say that I would come back the same time next week with my shin pads and football shoes.

Bet it would have been sod's law though that had I brought with me my shin pads and football shoes, I wouldn't have been given the chance to join and start the same day, and I would have been carrying my stuff for nothing. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

So what's the worst situation you've not been prepared for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeBuiltThisCity
For me, it was yesterday. I wanted to join a football team, so I was told to go to the venue it would be taking place at to speak to the guy who runs the team.

I was told when I got there to meet him in one of the changing rooms, and I didn't expect I could actually join start playing on the same day, had I brought with me my shin pads and football shoes, as he passed me a t-shirt and shorts and socks. I thought I would be just speaking to him about joining. I ended up having to leave and say that I would come back the same time next week with my shin pads and football shoes.

Bet it would have been sod's law though that had I brought with me my shin pads and football shoes, I wouldn't have been given the chance to join and start the same day, and I would have been carrying my stuff for nothing. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

It wasn't my situation but it was so bad that I thought I'd share it anyway.

My cousin was having a religious ceremony and on the day, my sister was asked to give a speech. The speech was supposed to be about my cousin but she didn't know that and I wouldn't have known either, and even if we did we wouldn't have been able to give a) a good impromptu speech and b) know what to say about her... so my sister ended up talking about herself for a few minutes and I pretended to be someone else / part of the chair.

It wasn't really fair on her or anyone to be put in that situation.
Having no money, I had to turn to begging and budgeting :getmecoat:

@TheonlyMrsHolmes
Losing my best friend and having to find out from Facebook at 11pm at night :cry2:
Reply 4
Putting my old cat and dog down.

He was at the vets getting a pre-op done and then the vet looked at his vitals and his lumps and my cat kept taking fits and told us he was in a lot of pain with cancer and we should put him down. I was in shock because he never took a fit until that moment and another vet a few days before said it definitely wasn't cancer but we got the head vet this time and we trusted him. Then a year later my dog became ill one day out the blue and 3 hours later he was in the vets with severe pancreatitis and we had to put him to sleep :cry2: it shocked me how quickly it all happened and it was hard for me to get my head around both of their deaths :frown:
aw what happened? haha
Life!
Biology GCSE revision:Cheese - Ah there's never a detailed question about the kidneys, just gonna brush over that and focus on stuff like the heart and plants and crip that always comes up
Exam - Describe how the kidneys produce urine [5 marks]
Cheese -
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Getting an allergic reaction 37,000 ft above the Atlantic Ocean
When my grandad had a cardiac arrest the night before one of my a level exams, apart from dad, i'd known to some extent with any serious unwell relative how much time they had left, to suddenly be told he might not make it through that night, when i was trying to come to terms with it being a matter of months at that time was a real shock.
I owe the paramedics and doctors a lot as he made it through that night and lived for another 6 months, but having to decide whether to potentially be there when he could die in the hospital or to sit those exams has to be the worst decision i'd ever had to make.
what subjects u taking? i just started yr 12 >.<
Starting work on a Monday.
Original post by WeBuiltThisCity

Oh dear. t would have been nice for them to actually give you all the details beforehand. At least you can still go next week though. :smile:

Thanks for tagging me, but I'd rather not disclose mine :redface:
So change it. I felt like that at the beginning but I started to talk to a lot more other students besides just my friends, became a prefect, was more engaged in lessons and overall looked after myself better. (pls make sure to look after yourself). Realise you have the power to make those changes, it'll be tough, but not all good things come easy. :redface:
Errrm ...a few rejections
Got absolutely everything I wanted until then and it hurt like hell the first time I didn't get something I wanted so bad
Learned something from those experiences hopefully
It's great to see that you're putting yourself out there and doing things. :borat:
Take your time with it, just know that it does get better. :console:
Losing my dogs and my godmother.
Yeah it can feel like that. :lol: It might take time adjusting but once you get into a proper routine that works for you then things will fall into place.
:innocent:

Spoiler

Joining TSR and becoming addicted to it

I was not prepared for that :no:
when my uncle was shot dead

Quick Reply

Latest