The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cloudinthesky
Remember this is only a small number of people who've sent in thier forms in already compaired to what it will be in total. The fact you've got yourself to the point where it's the teachers your waiting for shows your motivated, loads of people are still wrtiting their pr still and pondering what to apply for.

Yeah but the deadline for me is next Saturday which is 6 days away. HOWEVER I don't feel comfortable waiting until Thursday/Friday.

Original post by tictactao
This is exactly me. They actually have my references together but they're still not doing anything it's really frustrating me

Wow you need to moan at your head of year or something, I'd complain the minute I get to school tomorrow lol.

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Then picture urself in your dream university and know what you have to do to get into that university (get them grades).

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if I'm honest they're all my dream unis so I'm at that awkward stage where I don't know what to do.

Original post by richpanda
Same here. Is it that hard to write the references for the 10/12 or so people who are doing early entry over 3 weeks? ffs

It really isn't lol and they've had since July to do it.
Original post by jamestg
Yeah but the deadline for me is next Saturday which is 6 days away. HOWEVER I don't feel comfortable waiting until Thursday/Friday.

Wow you need to moan at your head of year or something, I'd complain the minute I get to school tomorrow lol.

But if I'm honest they're all my dream unis so I'm at that awkward stage where I don't know what to do.

It's crazy that some of your sixth forms/colleges don't sort out the references sooner? My teachers at college wrote them back in July but my referee collated them all together from September to now to avoid us stressing out even more. Hope your teachers' sort it out soon for you guys seeing as you're already ready to send it.
Original post by emmamelville
has anybody received offers for Law yet?
I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous:s-smilie:

I'm not applying for law but haven't heard anything back from Oxford either! I only sent my application away on Friday but already have the welcome email from Edinburgh- on Friday and St Andrews yesterday. I think some take longer than others/don't send them out at all
I got an offer from Bath on Friday, the day after my school sent it to UCAS and the same day they received it.
Original post by metasysta
I got an offer from Bath on Friday, the day after my school sent it to UCAS and the same day they received it.

Nice! What subject?
Original post by jamestg

Yeah I'm in the same situation as you by needing to get it off by Saturday. Then even after we send it, we have the rather lengthy SAQ to do, which takes away time for schoolwork or pre-interview assessment stuff. I want it done by Wednesday latest!
Ucas received my application on Friday for History and Politics at:
Cambridge (Selwyn college),
Edinburgh,
Sheffield,
Newcastle,
& Manchester.
Anyone else applying to my Cambridge college or anywhere else for History and Politics?
has anyone had more than one confirmation email (the same one) from southampton? must be something wrong with their system
Original post by Mfp3343
Ucas received my application on Friday for History and Politics at:
Cambridge (Selwyn college),
Edinburgh,
Sheffield,
Newcastle,
& Manchester.
Anyone else applying to my Cambridge college or anywhere else for History and Politics?

I'm applying for history and politics!! Not at any of the same places as you but I've applied for politics and economics at Edinburgh!
Original post by Lauren1498x
I'm applying for history and politics!! Not at any of the same places as you but I've applied for politics and economics at Edinburgh!

Where else have you applied to? I'm so desperate for edinburgh to give me an offer
Original post by jamestg
If only school was organised to get my reference together so I could have applied last Wednesday...

Just need some motivation :redface: because right now I'm literally working towards nothing, so there is no incentive to work.

I'm in the same position. Submitted my side. Looked on UCAS and says Referee has done his side and approved my application. School have now approved his reference, just haven't sent it off!!!
Original post by Mfp3343
Where else have you applied to? I'm so desperate for edinburgh to give me an offer

Oxford, LSE, Warwick and then St. Andrews for history and economics! Edinburgh is my last choice😬 But my personal statement is a bit of mess with me talking about all 3 subjects so I'm really just hoping someone will give me an offer!
Oxford, LSE, Warwick and then St. Andrews for history and economics! Edinburgh is my last choice😬 But my personal statement is a bit of mess with me talking about all 3 subjects so I'm really just hoping someone will give me an offer!

That's the stage I'm at, mainly because my personal statement feels so focused on my subject (sounds stupid but worried that universities other than cambridge will feel put out as i only have one sentence about my instrument and playing in a band which then also links back to my course choice). The teacher writing my reference advised this as he said he would mention all the skills I have gained through my work experience and all my other non academic extra curriculars, but still it is stressing me out a bit!
I apply for Imperial College, UCL, KCL and Oxford. Has anyone receive any offers from those school?
Original post by Mfp3343
That's the stage I'm at, mainly because my personal statement feels so focused on my subject (sounds stupid but worried that universities other than cambridge will feel put out as i only have one sentence about my instrument and playing in a band which then also links back to my course choice). The teacher writing my reference advised this as he said he would mention all the skills I have gained through my work experience and all my other non academic extra curriculars, but still it is stressing me out a bit!

That's literally me.. I don't have that 75/25 split.. I mention debating/model un in my introduction and then conclusion but then nothing about any other school roles/competitions! I hope my reference includes those things lol.
I've heard from a bunch of people that unis don't really like head boys/head girls?? And don't like that being mentioned in the application? No idea if this is true but the boy from my school last year had all A band 1s in nat 5 and higher applied for law at Oxford and didn't even get an interview...
That's literally me.. I don't have that 75/25 split.. I mention debating/model un in my introduction and then conclusion but then nothing about any other school roles/competitions! I hope my reference includes those things lol.

Thank God, mines more like a 98%/2% split, it's so hard having enough space when you're talking about more than one subject
For once, I'm looking forward to school so I can send off my UCAS.
Original post by emmamelville
has anybody received offers for Law yet?
I've applied for Law with French at Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield... and Oxford. I know somebody who received an offer from Liverpool for law within few days of sending his offer yet i haven't even received an acknowledgement email and sent it in before him. I was surprised a law department handed out offers so quickly, his PS must have been really good.
Regardless of which course you've applied for, has anybody heard back or got a generic email from any of these unis yet? Nervous:s-smilie:

I'm not applying for law (i'm applying for biological sciences) but i got an acknowledgement email from Bristol roughly 2 days after my application was sent and then a surprisingly low offer the same day (BBB). I'm applying to different uni's though compared to your other 4 so i'm no help there sorry
Original post by Mfp3343
Thank God, mines more like a 98%/2% split, it's so hard having enough space when you're talking about more than one subject

At all the Oxbridge talks I've gone to I think they aren't really fussed as long as it's not more than 20% devoted to other things. My friend spoke to an admissions tutor at Edinburgh and apparently they said they literally don't care about any extra things, just enough so they can see you have a life

Latest

Trending

Trending