The Student Room Group

Trump caught on tape talking about sexually harassing women

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alcibiade
Trump has taken serious body blows these last 10 days: the 3am fat-shaming tweets, the tax dodge, and now his "locker room" brag. The most beautiful thing is, it's all self inflicted. My opinion is, he's toast. Finally.

Yet all these things are totally irrelevant.

We are deciding our strategic posture with respect to Russia according to who called some Mexican self-publicist fat twenty years ago or who groped someone's tits.

As a civilisation we have gone insane.
Clinton is more of a threat.

She's the Dark Horse.
:lol: I like him even more now
Original post by drowzee
He said this: “Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” You're telling me that's harassment?

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.” This isn't misogynistic?

The lengths people go to in order to defend a rich powerful man makes me laugh. :lol: If only people spent as much energy calling out racists and sexists, maybe we'd live in a better world.

It's called banter. Sexual harassment would be if he actually grabbed women by the pussy without them signalling that they want him to do that. There is no video evidence of him doing that. He's allowed to say banter out things- he was an entertainer ten years ago, after all. He's allowed to be a bit cheeky and edgy
Original post by TishoHristov
Leave them. They are a lost cause. I have converted commies to capitalism more easily than Clinton supporters. I think we will never know what makes them so stubborn when defending a person with such a past.

Lmao :lol: I don't even like Hillary.
I really don't see what all of the fuss is about, shouldn't it be a good thing that the future president has a sense of humour?

The media need to focus on Killary's actions, not Trump's words. This is a non-issue, and I trust that all of us Trump supporters will see it as such.
cool, first woman president it is then!!
Yes it was sexist and very tasteless but it was in private conversation. I've heard my female friends say worst things about guys. It's locker-room banter. Everyone does it. It doesn't make it right. it doesn't make it appropriate but everyone has participated in this for hundreds if not a thousands of years. No one out there can convince me that Hillary Clinton at some point in time during her life hasn't had the same type of conversations about a man. People just haven't been able to understand just because they're not in front of the camera doesn't mean their mics are not live. This isn't Earth shattering news. Everyone has been calling Trump sexist and racist for at least 2 years now.
Couldn't care less.

A tape surfaces if Trump talking crap like millions of other men do and suddenly everyone climbs up on their moral high horses.

God, I hope he wins. It will piss off so many people I hate. Actually, maybe I should be asking Satan.
I'm surprised to see so many people dismissing the severity of his comments. Although I assume we are talking about predominately young, inexperienced males who are yet to fully appreciate why boasting about groping women is not smart.

He is publicly losing support among senior Republicans. Even his wife has publicly criticised him. Clinton will destroy him during the upcoming debate. The electorate can be unpredictable, but I doubt he can recover from this.
Original post by emobambam
It's locker-room banter. Everyone does it. It doesn't make it right. it doesn't make it appropriate but everyone has participated in this for hundreds if not a thousands of years. QUOTE]

This is the crux of it all I think. With politicians from all sides being quick to call this a string of buzzwords, at the end of the day this kind of talk happens all the time (though not everyone does obviously). People are not on camera 24/7 and the world is not a constant press conference, politicians are people too, and people talk like this whether you like it or not.

As a point:
Finding a woman attractive is not sexist.
Making a move on a girl is not misogynistic.

I'm curious a little more about the context surrounding these quotes too.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Really? You think describing acts of sexual assault is harmless banter?

Tell me, when was the last time you slept with a woman who wasn't crying or demanding payment?

PRSOM
Original post by TishoHristov
I'm not saying that the RNC is any of the above but Trump is fighting for freedom of speech

Horsesh*t. He sues people for saying he has short fingers, or that he's not as rich as claimed. Hardly a champion of free speech.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
[QUOTE="Farm_Ecology;67951692"]
Original post by emobambam
It's locker-room banter. Everyone does it. It doesn't make it right. it doesn't make it appropriate but everyone has participated in this for hundreds if not a thousands of years. QUOTE]

This is the crux of it all I think. With politicians from all sides being quick to call this a string of buzzwords, at the end of the day this kind of talk happens all the time (though not everyone does obviously). People are not on camera 24/7 and the world is not a constant press conference, politicians are people too, and people talk like this whether you like it or not.

As a point:
Finding a woman attractive is not sexist.
Making a move on a girl is not misogynistic.

I'm curious a little more about the context surrounding these quotes too.

It seems as if he is relaxed with a friend talking about striking out with a woman then saying something outrageous to get a reaction from him.
The way he talks about his daughter is so creepy too.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
The way he talks about his daughter is so creepy too.

So when Trump has been talking bad about Muslims, African Americans, Mexicans it's all okay but as soon as he says something about White Women everyone hates him. Loool wow
Original post by KINGYusuf
So when Trump has been talking bad about Muslims, African Americans, Mexicans it's all okay but as soon as he says something about White Women everyone hates him. Loool wow

Irrelevant. This thread is about Trump's attitudes to women. If you want to complain about him please go and make a thread about his other views.

And btw I support Hillary. She's nowhere near as bad as him.
Original post by Unown Uzer
This is exactly why Trump says 'political correctness is killing' the US. This is just a bit of banter between guys, but the SJWs and establishment media are crying 'sexist' and 'misogynist' and whatnot. This is exactly why Trump is polling at such high numbers - people are fighting against this ultra-political correctness!

I'm sorry but no. There's nothing funny about sexual assault. If Donald Trump wants to joke about something else, he should joke about the weather. But never about something as serious as assault.
This is how men talk, anyone who doesn't realise this has never truly known a man.
Original post by memeworksrevenge
This is how men talk, anyone who doesn't realise this has never truly known a man.

That's why men will always be pieces of **** in my eyes. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending