The Student Room Group

When is the deadline for your NQ subject choices? (If there is one)

A few weeks ago I changed my subject choices. I've been getting on fine, except for one - I think I've made a mistake. I don't need this subject for university, but it's really stressing me out. I'm thinking of going back to my old subject that was in this column. I don't know if it's the same all across Scotland, but I'm currently just at the beginning of my October break.

Ideally I'd like to study the few weeks of this subject I've missed over the October break, and then formally change my timetable when I get back to school. But I've heard there was a deadline for schools sending the data regarding what students are sitting what exams to the SQA - is this true? If so, when is it? I'm just worried that I'll be wasting my time studying this week just to find out it's too late to change!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just worried about wasting my time! I'm capable of catching up with the missed work just fine (it's only been around 3 weeks since I originally dropped it after all).
Original post by hyomin
A few weeks ago I changed my subject choices. I've been getting on fine, except for one - I think I've made a mistake. I don't need this subject for university, but it's really stressing me out. I'm thinking of going back to my old subject that was in this column. I don't know if it's the same all across Scotland, but I'm currently just at the beginning of my October break.

Ideally I'd like to study the few weeks of this subject I've missed over the October break, and then formally change my timetable when I get back to school. But I've heard there was a deadline for schools sending the data regarding what students are sitting what exams to the SQA - is this true? If so, when is it? I'm just worried that I'll be wasting my time studying this week just to find out it's too late to change!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just worried about wasting my time! I'm capable of catching up with the missed work just fine (it's only been around 3 weeks since I originally dropped it after all).

Yes, you would still be able to change your subjects at this stage. I swapped one of mine in January and then sat the exam in May.
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
Yes, you would still be able to change your subjects at this stage. I swapped one of mine in January and then sat the exam in May.

Thanks so much! I'll get to work this week then :smile:
Original post by hyomin
Thanks so much! I'll get to work this week then :smile:

Make sure it's ok with the school first before you waste a week studying for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending