The Student Room Group

Just realised I'm on holiday for my AS results next year

I've only just realised that I have a holiday booked that overlaps with results day next year. I fly back on the morning of the 17th (results day) but won't be home until the morning of the 18th. Will I just be able to go into school on the 18th (which is a Friday) and get my results or is it a bigger deal than this? And how important are AS level results for the reformed a levels?

My mum is saying she would cancel/rearrange the holiday but I don't think it should be such a big deal.. advice? :smile:

edit: it would be a big thing to rearrange the holiday as it is abroad, booked through a travel agents etc
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not a big deal, I didn't attend Alevel results day and they sent them the next door via post!
They'll post your results to you, it's not a big deal.
Original post by jazz_xox_
I've only just realised that I have a holiday booked that overlaps with results day next year. I fly back on the morning of the 17th (results day) but won't be home until the morning of the 18th. Will I just be able to go into school on the 18th (which is a Friday) and get my results or is it a bigger deal than this? And how important are AS level results for the reformed a levels?

My mum is saying she would cancel/rearrange the holiday but I don't think it should be such a big deal.. advice? :smile:

edit: it would be a big thing to rearrange the holiday as it is abroad, booked through a travel agents etc

Not a big deal imo. You dont really need them for anything.
Check with school if you wnat them same day bu getting someone to pick them up on your behalf or posting them to you, but as you are back the next day, then U cnat see the need. Just check with school its open the next day. I wouldnt cancel the holiday.
They'll post it/e-mail.
Original post by jazz_xox_

Get them to post them to you, thats what i did with my a-level results.
Check with your school, but i just had to give them a stamped and self addressed envelope for them to send them home.
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
Get them to post them to you, thats what i did with my a-level results.
Check with your school, but i just had to give them a stamped and self addressed envelope for them to send them home.

Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
They'll post it/e-mail.

Original post by 999tigger
Not a big deal imo. You dont really need them for anything.
Check with school if you wnat them same day bu getting someone to pick them up on your behalf or posting them to you, but as you are back the next day, then U cnat see the need. Just check with school its open the next day. I wouldnt cancel the holiday.

Original post by x__justmyluck
They'll post your results to you, it's not a big deal.

Original post by lulucoco98
It's not a big deal, I didn't attend Alevel results day and they sent them the next door via post!

Thank you everyone! I think I'll have them posted home so I can see them as soon as I get back:tongue: that's made exams and results day feel a lot closer
Some schools can email the results to you on results day so that would definitely be would asking about. I wouldn't recommend trying to get them over the phone while abroad, it's better to have a digital copy you can refer to plus you could get a mini heart attack mishearing your results (my friend thought the exams officer said he got an E when really he got a B XD)!

Quick Reply

Latest