The Student Room Group

Are brexiters starting to think this is all Conservative fault?

> Why did we need immigrants? We have huge skill shortage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30224320

> Why has recovery been slow? ^ Read article ... Its due to skill shortage (none of this was here when Labour was in)

> Why did we grow fast pre-WW2? We was behind other major countries growth though, but due to booming growth from Eurpean regions and world wide we benefited from globalisation and boomed with them but with lower growth compared to them.
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/11697/debt/post-war-boom/

> Why are wages not growing?
"the decline of labour unions, the fall in the minimum wage adjusted for inflation, the increased concentration in a lot of industries, the increased number of super-successful companies"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35709058

If EU referendum was more truthful, do you think remain or leave would of won?
If NHS wasn't underfunded , would we of voted remain instead of leave? More migrants = higher GDP growth = more money for NHS to deal with pressure.

Now Prime Minister is in favour for hard brexit, taking us out of it all, meaning more public spending cuts, lower wages and poorer. Who got a gut feeling we'll end up rejoining and by rejoining we'll...

Join...

> EU Army
> Euro currency
> Schengen zone
> Central European Bank
> Intergrating potential superpower United States of Europe (not all negative)

Basically both sides lied and not told the truth, and now we all screwed, even if we rejoin we'll never as rich/powerful as we was. Conservatives basically made a solid foundation of it by making NHS fail by underfunding.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Economic problems affect Leavers more than Remainers so I am good with that.
The truth is that we need to do a hard Brexit.
The EU is not a good place to be as their political leaders are intolerent and very controlling. I think the Conservatives should continue to do their work on getting us out as quickly as possible in 2 years, and arrange new trade deals.
If Conservatives do this, I really do believe and guarantee that in 3+ years time, this country will be magnificently improving and booming with much increased economy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Maker
Economic problems affect Leavers more than Remainers so I am good with that.

There won't be huge amount of economic problems in long run, only short term and the things I want to do and salary will barely be affected.
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
There won't be huge amount of economic problems in long run, only short term and the things I want to do and salary will barely be affected.

You must have a decent crystal ball to be this certain of the future.
yes
Nope. It's not anyone's "fault" because that would imply it's the wrong answer. They asked us, we answered. My only problem now is how little the politicians seem to care about what we voted for. That covers all parties.
No, definitely not the conservatives' fault.

The problems we have today are a result of decisions made 10+ years ago. Which were made by labour.

Thankfully Brexit is looking to reverse these mistakes.

> Why has recovery been slow? ^ Read article ... Its due to skill shortage (none of this was here when Labour was in)

Skills shortage is just business speak for we are too tight topay the salaries skilled people want for their time.

Now Prime Minister is in favour for hard brexit, taking us out of it all, meaning more public spending cuts, lower wages and poorer. Who got a gut feeling we'll end up rejoining and by rejoining we'll...

Join...

> EU Army
> Euro currency
> Schengen zone
> Central European Bank

Basically both sides lied and not told the truth, and now we all screwed, even if we rejoin we'll never as rich/powerful as we was. Conservatives basically made a solid foundation of it by making NHS fail by underfunding.

Duh, this is why I voted remain, being fully in the EU as we'd be if we rejoined would be as bad as being fully out.
Reply 9
Original post by Maker
You must have a decent crystal ball to be this certain of the future.

Teachers are barely affected by recessions, teachers salaries have increased above inflation unlike private sector. I'm then going to do my own business later on with an idea never been done (yet) so I'm sure I'm not affected.
Reply 10
Teachers are barely affected by recessions, teachers salaries have increased above inflation unlike private sector. I'm then going to do my own business later on with an idea never been done (yet) so I'm sure I'm not affected.

Teachers are affected by inflation like everyone else. Teachers' salaries will be affected by lower government income as the economy slows down and inflation due to higher fuel, food and other imported goods prices.
Original post by Naveed-7
The EU is not a good place to be as their political leaders are intolerent and very controlling.

I hope the dramatic irony of this statement is not lost on you.
Reply 12
Original post by Maker
Teachers are affected by inflation like everyone else. Teachers' salaries will be affected by lower government income as the economy slows down and inflation due to higher fuel, food and other imported goods prices.

Actually go and look up teachers salary in 2009, put in inflation calculator and see todays version. Teachers are also in shortage, they already have high pressure to increase. We'll see if we even have hard brexit yet.
Original post by Plagioclase
I hope the dramatic irony of this statement is not lost on you.

What is so ironic about my statement? Explain further.
Reply 14
Original post by Naveed-7
What is so ironic about my statement? Explain further.

LOL
Reply 15
Actually go and look up teachers salary in 2009, put in inflation calculator and see todays version. Teachers are also in shortage, they already have high pressure to increase. We'll see if we even have hard brexit yet.

The only shortage is in the sciences and maths, there are plenty of teachers in other subjects so only the former gets incentives to train.
In my post above, I said "The EU is not a good place to be as their political leaders are intolerent and very controlling". I was right.

I was right on my statement. The EU political leaders have an agenda and a goal with their Union state. No matter how many years a country has paid them and has been friends with them. If that country leaves, they shut the doors on you.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/brussels-slams-the-door-on-uk-companies/ar-BBxbi8n?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Very intolerant and controlling indeed. Not a nice way to treat a country that has been trading and paying large fees to them for 40+ years.
We can prosper and survive without them. Australia Trade Deals, India, China, Japan, etc trade deals, Here we come!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Maker
The only shortage is in the sciences and maths, there are plenty of teachers in other subjects so only the former gets incentives to train.

I want to teach Maths.
Reply 18

> Why did we grow fast pre-WW2? We was behind other major countries growth though, but due to booming growth from Eurpean regions and world wide we benefited from globalisation and boomed with them but with lower growth compared to them.
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/11697/debt/post-war-boom/

> Why are wages not growing?
"the decline of labour unions, the fall in the minimum wage adjusted for inflation, the increased concentration in a lot of industries, the increased number of super-successful companies"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35709058

If EU referendum was more truthful, do you think remain or leave would of won?
If NHS wasn't underfunded , would we of voted remain instead of leave? More migrants = higher GDP growth = more money for NHS to deal with pressure.

Join...

> EU Army
> Euro currency
> Schengen zone
> Central European Bank
I

Don't agree with your assessment anyway and it loses marks for "would of" and "as we was". Not good enough from someone who wants to be a teacher.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by viffer
Don't agree with your assessment anyway and it loses marks for "would of" and "as we was". Not good enough from someone who wants to be a teacher.

Dyslexic, sub teachers all of KS3, terrible teaching KS4, don't judge I never actually ever been taught English since year 6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending