The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by returnmigrant
No it won't.

1) These changes are not being implemented in Wales and Northern Ireland - the AS in its current format will remain and it will continue to contribute to the overall grade at A level, although it will now make a 40% contribution to the overall grade.

2) The English exam boards change to un-linked AS levels is gradual and so for the new few years some subjects will be under the old system. See https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/changes_to_a_levels_march_2014.pdf

In that case, my post applies to england only. I will edit to make this clear.

The 3 subject in question, however, have been linear since September 2015.
Original post by returnmigrant
No it won't.

1) These changes are not being implemented in Wales and Northern Ireland - the AS in its current format will remain and it will continue to contribute to the overall grade at A level, although it will now make a 40% contribution to the overall grade.

2) The English exam boards change to un-linked AS levels is gradual and so for the new few years some subjects will be under the old system. See https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/changes_to_a_levels_march_2014.pdf

Basically I should have moved to Wales or NI then 😬 the new A-Level reforms really annoy me😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YouHaveProblems
risking messing it up is better than not having the chance in first place. Do keel not accept A*AB? I remember them accepting last year i think

Yeah keele did last year but I'm not sure how they've changed it to this year. I'll just have to ring in straight away tomorrow morning at this point. I think i'm going to carry on with the BMAT and change the chemical engineering to a lower entry requirement uni then. Thanks for the help!
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you know??

they said at open day. obv they will consider ppl who don't have A*s coming out of their arse but they do like a few stars here and there
Reply 7344
Hello,

I am a graduate applying for 5 year medical degree courses. I haven't been able to find any information on any medical schools about whether I need to provide a breakdown of the modules I have taken. The issue is that I have requested a transcript from my university but it has yet to arrive. Does anyone know whether I will need to include a breakdown or will they request a transcript if they are interested?

Thanks.
Does any one think a uni may be biased if i choose stay at home and its in a different city? Or can they not see this.
if i apply in the same uni for biomed science and med, would that mean that they won't give me an offer or would they not care about my other options??
are the same people likely to read my PS twice?
Reply 7347
Is it too much of a risk to apply to KCL with 656 average? 6th decile
Original post by mm_7
if i apply in the same uni for biomed science and med, would that mean that they won't give me an offer or would they not care about my other options??
are the same people likely to read my PS twice?

It won't matter
It won't matter

oh thanks!!
HEY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Could really use some advice. I am a graduate and scored 710 in my UKCAT and wanted to ask does anyone know if this score will be enough for the grad course at kings? They say they will take only those in the top 25% but I really can't work out if I fall in this range.. I have a feeling I dont and you need at least 725+ to stand a chance....but correct me if i am wrong! (please let me be wrong :P)

Thanks in advance!!!
Original post by mb992
Hello,

I am a graduate applying for 5 year medical degree courses. I haven't been able to find any information on any medical schools about whether I need to provide a breakdown of the modules I have taken. The issue is that I have requested a transcript from my university but it has yet to arrive. Does anyone know whether I will need to include a breakdown or will they request a transcript if they are interested?

Thanks.

Just put your degree classification on the UCAS form. The universities will ask you for more information (i.e. transcript) if they need to know the specifics of your degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JohnHill
HEY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Could really use some advice. I am a graduate and scored 710 in my UKCAT and wanted to ask does anyone know if this score will be enough for the grad course at kings? They say they will take only those in the top 25% but I really can't work out if I fall in this range.. I have a feeling I dont and you need at least 725+ to stand a chance....but correct me if i am wrong! (please let me be wrong :P)

Thanks in advance!!!

You are in the tope 20%! I can't say much about anything else because i'm not sure of KCL graduates
You are in the tope 20%! I can't say much about anything else because i'm not sure of KCL graduates

Ah ok I will try and investigate it a little more! Thank you for replying :smile:
Original post by JohnHill
Ah ok I will try and investigate it a little more! Thank you for replying :smile:

baby girl i'll reply anytime for you xx
Hey guys I have a question
I'm an international student (and thus applicant) but I am worried about my UKCAT score
I got VR 680 QR 890 AR 880 SJ Band 1
I don't know if these UKCAT scores are good enough for an international student.
Hi everyone,

Honest answer please: Should I apply for st.georges or KCL with a score of 627 and 5A* and the rest A's or neither?

Thanks!!
Original post by !1111!!!!
have you thought of taking a gap year? The ukcat averages are pretty high this year and your work experience isn't out of this world.....don't be disheartened if you don't get any interviews :chaplin:

love it!!!! :smile:))))))))))
@YouHaveProblems - Spikyphoenix displaying exactly my point :wink: ^
Original post by pvk19.
Hi everyone,

Honest answer please: Should I apply for st.georges or KCL with a score of 627 and 5A* and the rest A's or neither?

Thanks!!

I'd say St George's is the safer option as KCL is quite UKCAT heavy, but someone may be able to delve into that a bit more for you. KCL have given interviews and offers to people with worse UKCAT scores than you, but if you want the best chance of this, St Georges.

Quick Reply

Latest