The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't understand why a lot of people, and Giggs himself, seemingly think that he deserves a top job just because he played at Man U for 20 years. He seems about as inspiring as a watercress sandwich.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Don't understand why a lot of people, and Giggs himself, seemingly think that he deserves a top job just because he played at Man U for 20 years. He seems about as inspiring as a watercress sandwich.

Nepotism tbh just ask Luke and his sister. Recently, I'm starting to thinking communism is the way forward, or a revised version of it.
Original post by swirly
Nepotism tbh just ask Luke and his sister. Recently, I'm starting to thinking communism is the way forward, or a revised version of it.

Communism works great in theory but completely fails in the real world, with real people. Communism doesn't account for greed.
Original post by swirly
@SA-1 PM'd me asking if the NHS was an example of communism working functionally in the West smh. eeediot.

And now junior doctors strike because they want more money
And now junior doctors strike because they want more money

I think in life, you have to make the conscious choice of if you want to make money, or if you want to provide benefit to society, it's like when Drake says 'I would have all of your fans if I didn't go pop and I stayed on some conscious ****'.
Original post by swirly

Problem also is that Capitalism also works in theory but again greed ruins things and the government are piss poor at regulating people that need to be held on a leash (banks, bail outs, I am looking at you).

Also, yes, nepotism is rampant in big business. On my team alone we had a guy that was the nephew of a minor HR manager. Then we had a daughter doing work experience there because her Dad is Director. These people have a big leg up ahead of the rest of the pack. And yet people think we are more meritocratic than 'the likes of' China... yeah ok. If people want to get things changed, politics is the way, but you will have to give up your role in the corporations.

People always say that Communism is idealistic etc and that it does not work because people are greedy. And yet.. capitalism is not given nearly enough criticism. You see the increasing numbers of homeless people around Victoria Station on a morning and you tell me that capitalism is not ****ed up? And yet we give our money to bail out bank after bank. Where does the money go? Yup, that guy giving his daughter work experience/job at your expense. You fill out application after application, they just walk straight in.

A ****ing joke. That is why I want to move abroad where at least if I play dirty I get a bigger pay out.
Reply 9386
Original post by swirly
@SA-1 PM'd me asking if the NHS was an example of communism working functionally in the West smh. eeediot.

Hi,

I have reported your post.

I hope you are dealt with appropriately because lying about me and then insulting me should not be tolerated.

Kind regards,
SA
Original post by James.Carnell
Problem also is that Capitalism also works in theory but again greed ruins things and the government are piss poor at regulating people that need to be held on a leash (banks, bail outs, I am looking at you).

Also, yes, nepotism is rampant in big business. On my team alone we had a guy that was the nephew of a minor HR manager. Then we had a daughter doing work experience there because her Dad is Director. These people have a big leg up ahead of the rest of the pack. And yet people think we are more meritocratic than 'the likes of' China... yeah ok. If people want to get things changed, politics is the way, but you will have to give up your role in the corporations.

People always say that Communism is idealistic etc and that it does not work because people are greedy. And yet.. capitalism is not given nearly enough criticism. You see the increasing numbers of homeless people around Victoria Station on a morning and you tell me that capitalism is not ****ed up? And yet we give our money to bail out bank after bank. Where does the money go? Yup, that guy giving his daughter work experience/job at your expense. You fill out application after application, they just walk straight in.

A ****ing joke. That is why I want to move abroad where at least if I play dirty I get a bigger pay out.

I think it's a case of if the banks fall then our country will fall in a Greece like catastrophe. People going homeless doesn't effect the majority and therefore not many people care. Like everything in life if it doesn't effect the individual then they won't care. Sad, but true.
Original post by swirly
This is the second yellow card you've got me in a week you ****ing **** baron

Hi,

I have reported your post due to unnecessary and offensive comments to SA-1; a fellow member of the FF who regularly posts with insightful and interesting comments.

I hope in future you consider the emotional impact directly on SA-1 and the indirect impact towards any individual who reads your post.

Kind Regards,

Lúcio
I think it's a case of if the banks fall then our country will fall in a Greece like catastrophe. People going homeless doesn't effect the majority and therefore not many people care. Like everything in life if it doesn't effect the individual then they won't care. Sad, but true.

People are just about getting by and are desperate to just survive, hence why they don't care (enough). Many do care, I don't believe people are so terrible as to not care at all, but their lives are not great either because most are on the brink.

Of course people are not comfortable with seeing the country have people sleeping on the streets going to charity kitchens and using food banks. They don't have the power to effect change though so they focus on themselves.

Of course nothing will happen because people voted the Tories in and are happy to keep them in because Labour are not proving any clear and plausible alternative. I support Labour these days. I did support Conservative because they have been traditionally good for the economy but Cameron and Osborne were terrible and I don't have high hopes for May and co, although they can't possibly be as bad as Dumb and Dumber.
Would you rather have a prime Paul Scholes or a prime Andrea Pirlo in your team?

And why?
Original post by swirly
Lucia with the strong festering

Hi,

I would appreciate if you would call me by my username - Lúcio - rather than the female name "Lucia".
For the image of the FF (and TSR in general), I hope you learn from this going forward.

Kind Regards,

Lúcio
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Would you rather have a prime Paul Scholes or a prime Andrea Pirlo in your team?

And why?

Scholes, for the laughs when he slid into the opposition.
Original post by SCIENCE :D

And why?

Paul Scholes is just a meme
Original post by swirly
Paul Scholes is just a meme

So Pirlo then?
Original post by Lúcio
Hi,

I would appreciate if you would call me by my username - Lúcio - rather than the female name "Lucia".
For the image of the FF (and TSR in general), I hope you learn from this going forward.

Kind Regards,

Lúcio

Fastest way to fall asleep at night?
Pirlo had a good game against England in the euros and has lived off it since. Good player, but overhyped.
Reply 9397
Mad nostalgia tonight
Original post by SA-1
Mad nostalgia tonight

oh rli
Reply 9399
You're been warned swirly...

Latest