The Student Room Group

Can't decide between Investment Banking and Medicine!

I am currently an A-Level Student who has just started Year 12. My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths and Further Maths at AS-Level. I cannot decide as to which career (out of Investment Banking and Medicine) I want to pursue. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to do?

I want to go into Investment Banking obviously because of the potentially enormous salary, but being a Doctor just seems very rewarding. Also, I love the idea of having "Dr" in front of my name because it sounds cool... A bit stupid I know.
Reply 1
Money? Investment Banking.

And don't you dare go into Medicine if money is your primary goal - you WILL end up hating yourself
You can do a phd in investment banking and have ''Dr'' in front of your name. What subjects do you enjoy the most?
Original post by dp00
I am currently an A-Level Student who has just started Year 12. My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths and Further Maths at AS-Level. I cannot decide as to which career (out of Investment Banking and Medicine) I want to pursue. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to do?

I want to go into Investment Banking obviously because of the potentially enormous salary, but being a Doctor just seems very rewarding. Also, I love the idea of having "Dr" in front of my name because it sounds cool... A bit stupid I know.

It doesn't sound like you want to do medicine for the right reasons, and unless that changes in a years time go for IB. Also the admissions process for medicine is complicated and competitive, and also the training is very long.
Original post by dp00

I would have hoped that you're choosing a career path based on your interest in the work itself rather than just the pay or perceived status of the job.

If you want to have Dr in front of your name, do a PhD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending