The Student Room Group

Is it too late?

Hi everyone so iI was just wondering what peoples views were on my situation. I currently take 3 Alevels: Geography, biology and psychology. However, over the weekend I have been looking at some university courses and they all require me to have A level chemistry. I am about to start week 6 at school and am considering dropping psychology and picking up chemistry. Is it too late or will this be okay? Thanks!!
Original post by pheebsdancer
Hi everyone so iI was just wondering what peoples views were on my situation. I currently take 3 Alevels: Geography, biology and psychology. However, over the weekend I have been looking at some university courses and they all require me to have A level chemistry. I am about to start week 6 at school and am considering dropping psychology and picking up chemistry. Is it too late or will this be okay? Thanks!!

Chemistry is a tough A level, a big step up from chemistry at GCSE. Catching up will be challenging.
Your school may decide that it's too late or that there isn't space on the course.
If you are sure you have the aptitude, your chemistry GCSE results are good, your school are supportive, you have a source of help and have a plan to catch up then go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest