Need A LOT of advice.

Your advice is your own to access.

Bants
haha, I wont tell you.
#justdoit
Original post by GCSE_18
How do you get an A/A* in all subjects just in 1 year and 6 month
Need A LOT of advice.

What you should be asking yourself is how to not get grades other than them...
Original post by Maths is Life
What you should be asking yourself is how to not get grades other than them...

Thanks. But can you tell me something to boost my studies; anything that can help me study to the fullest.
Original post by GCSE_18
Thanks. But can you tell me something to boost my studies; anything that can help me study to the fullest.

Past Papers
Understanding of field
Examiner's Reports
Subject Specification
Effort
Interest
Time management

Exam board textbooks

Also - What subjects are you taking?
As much as I hate to say it, there's no 'special secret' to getting the grades. There's no pass code and no single specific routine that you can follow to magically achieve all A/A*.

That's probably a harsh way of putting it, and I'm sorry about that, but I do see a lot of people trying to find the 'one thing' that'll work, when in reality you really just have to get down and study. It's still early, but if you start revision now and start it properly (not just reading notes), then you'll probably be in with a pretty good chance.

Past papers, rewriting notes from textbooks and making flashcards all helped me a lot. Another big thing is ASKING YOUR TEACHER FOR HELP. If there's anything at all that you don't understand, even in the slightest, ask your teacher about it. I struggled with this for a long time but once I started doing it more in year eleven, it became really helpful. Their job is to help you learn, and they can't do that to the best of their ability unless you're letting them know what it is that you need help with. Towards exam time, one of my teachers actually used his free lessons to help me learn some topics that I didn't understand, and they actually ended up being some of the most important topics in the exam paper.

So start now, work hard, and good luck!
Past Papers
Understanding of field
Examiner's Reports
Subject Specification
Effort
Interest
Time management

Exam board textbooks

Also - What subjects are you taking?

Thank you and I'm taking:- Geography
- French
- Art
- Re ( compulsory)
- English
- Maths
- Science
Original post by chloeturner
As much as I hate to say it, there's no 'special secret' to getting the grades. There's no pass code and no single specific routine that you can follow to magically achieve all A/A*.

That's probably a harsh way of putting it, and I'm sorry about that, but I do see a lot of people trying to find the 'one thing' that'll work, when in reality you really just have to get down and study. It's still early, but if you start revision now and start it properly (not just reading notes), then you'll probably be in with a pretty good chance.

Past papers, rewriting notes from textbooks and making flashcards all helped me a lot. Another big thing is ASKING YOUR TEACHER FOR HELP. If there's anything at all that you don't understand, even in the slightest, ask your teacher about it. I struggled with this for a long time but once I started doing it more in year eleven, it became really helpful. Their job is to help you learn, and they can't do that to the best of their ability unless you're letting them know what it is that you need help with. Towards exam time, one of my teachers actually used his free lessons to help me learn some topics that I didn't understand, and they actually ended up being some of the most important topics in the exam paper.

So start now, work hard, and good luck!

Thx
Original post by GCSE_18
Thank you and I'm taking:- Geography
- French
- Art
- Re ( compulsory)
- English
- Maths
- Science

I've got to be entirely honest and say that French will kill you...

What about additional/further science/maths or english literature?

Coursework subjects like Art will take up too much of your time...
Revise a lot (it's good to do a bit everyday)

The best methods for me personally are flashcards, past papers and mind maps
I've got to be entirely honest and say that French will kill you...

What about additional/further science/maths or english literature?

Coursework subjects like Art will take up too much of your time...

Seriously French will kill me..............:frown:
Double Science (2)
English Lang and Lit(2)
Re would have three papers(3):s-smilie::frown:

Yeah, I know Art would take up my time but I'm not going to aim to be an artist or something like that, I won't take it to serious. I only took it because in my school I don't have that much options.
Original post by Christie_xx
Revise a lot (it's good to do a bit everyday)

The best methods for me personally are flashcards, past papers and mind maps

Thank you:smile:
If I were you I would revise through all your books or textbooks on a regular basis
Before a lesson revise the topic even if you just read the page it will help you understand better in lesson
Original post by GCSE_18
Seriously French will kill me..............:frown:
Double Science (2)
English Lang and Lit(2)
Re would have three papers(3):s-smilie::frown:

Yeah, I know Art would take up my time but I'm not going to aim to be an artist or something like that, I won't take it to serious. I only took it because in my school I don't have that much options.

GCSE French will not kill you. As long as you can look out for keywords and memorise your coursework its an easy A*
There's a good thread about that here :smile:
Work bloody hard. Query anything you don't understand with teachers. Mind maps. Flashcards. Do practice papers and then study the mark schemes.
Don't give up.
Revise, Revise and Revise :biggrin:
Original post by Fox Corner
There's a good thread about that here :smile:

Thank you, would extremely help me:h:

Quick Reply

Latest