The Student Room Group

Ukcat score help - entry requirements

I did my ukcat today and got an average of 597 (VR 530, AR 580, QR 680 and SJ band 2). Would my score get rounded up to 600?
Also I got 6A*s, 6As and 1B in my GCSES. I want to apply to mainly London universities so would I be eligible for some of the Russell Groups ones?
Don't apply to King's, that would be a waste of an application. St George's is really risky too as they have used a cutoff that has been a fair bit over 600 in the past. QMUL ranks applicant 50:50 based on their UKCAT and their UCAS tariff score, so that might be risky, but perhaps the best shot if you want to apply to a London UKCAT uni. You might want to do the BMAT and try Imperial and/or UCL :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by StationToStation
Don't apply to King's, that would be a waste of an application. St George's is really risky too as they have used a cutoff that has been a fair bit over 600 in the past. QMUL ranks applicant 50:50 based on their UKCAT and their UCAS tariff score, so that might be risky, but perhaps the best shot if you want to apply to a London UKCAT uni. You might want to do the BMAT and try Imperial and/or UCL :smile:

Ok thank you, I'm planning to do BMAT too.
Reply 3
I'm in the same position - I got the exact same ukcat score. What universities should I look at to apply for (ukcat)? I also really want to get into Imperial/UCL.

My predicted grades are A*A*A (bio, chem, maths) and GCSE: 2A* 9A.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by El-Guapo
I'm in the same position - I got the exact same ukcat score. What universities should I look at to apply for (ukcat)? I also really want to get into Imperial/UCL.

My predicted grades are A*A*A (bio, chem, maths) and GCSE: 2A* 9A.

This may help you http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/Using%20my%202016%20UKCAT%20Result.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending