The Student Room Group

do i mention this in my personal statement?

Hiya honest opinion here please

I'm applying to Leeds to do an Asia Pacific Studies degree, I'm really fascinated by different countries and *sadly* learnt the capital cities and flags of all the countries around the world recently
would this be relevant to add into my personal statement? or is this completely unnecessary and seen as my own outside interest ahaha
Reply 1
also i'm prepared to get judged lol
Personally, I would add about being fascinated by different countries but I wouldn't add the next part (if that's what you're talking about, sorry if I'm wrong). Wait and see what other people comment before taking my post into consideration though. Good luck with your Personal Statement!
Reply 3
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
Personally, I would add about being fascinated by different countries but I wouldn't add the next part (if that's what you're talking about, sorry if I'm wrong). Wait and see what other people comment before taking my post into consideration though. Good luck with your Personal Statement!

No no thats exactly what i needed from people cheers! and thank you very much!!
Original post by thaliawaters
No no thats exactly what i needed from people cheers! and thank you very much!!

No problem! :smile:
Maybe in extracurricular idk what else are you putting? You will need some more academic stuff. I am also applying for Leeds :smile:
mention in ec's section
Reply 7
Original post by pamplemousse.
Maybe in extracurricular idk what else are you putting? You will need some more academic stuff. I am also applying for Leeds :smile:

Hmm that's what I'm thinking, I have other items to mention such as self studying languages etc. which interlock with the Asia Pacific course. Ahh that's cool!! what will you be applying for??
Original post by thaliawaters
Hmm that's what I'm thinking, I have other items to mention such as self studying languages etc. which interlock with the Asia Pacific course. Ahh that's cool!! what will you be applying for??

French and ab initio Italian.... I've sent off my statement so if you want me to have a read feel free to PM me! :smile:
Original post by pamplemousse.
French and ab initio Italian.... I've sent off my statement so if you want me to have a read feel free to PM me! :smile:

Please don't ask other users to send you their PS. They have no guarantees about who you are or that you'll be as careful with their PS as they are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending