The Student Room Group

What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Scroll to see replies

usually if I like a guys hands I like the look of his **** as well, doesn't take long to check his pants tbh.

wide shoulders

Original post by georgia_93
He obviously has to be somewhat attractive to me but a kind, intelligent guy with a good sense of humour does it for me. I dated a guy who wasnt very attractive but was super intelligent - I love to be around smart guys they're just so hot lol /// Oh forgot to mention, a super deep voice and a slim framed body makes me melt omg

everything bolded = same , it's also really hot when a guy's realllllly good at a subject I don't study
(edited 7 years ago)
big sexy arms xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
really nice
understanding
shy
makes ppl laugh
no sarcasm
when you can spend those pink bills without a worry is another thing
For me personally, I like guys who:

- Are taller than me (but that's not hard because most people are taller than me)
- Are intelligent (don't have to be high achievers, but as long as they value education)
- Are philosophical
- Are witty and sarcastic because that's funny
- Are kind, caring, open-minded, respectful etc

So yeah, looks only play a small part for me. As long as they have good hygiene and aren't massively underweight/overweight, then I don't care.
what???lol
Original post by jessyjellytot14

- Are taller than me (but that's not hard because most people are taller than me)

How tall are you? :tongue:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY
Some people are so damn bitter omfg
what subject?
Y'all know how long I've been waiting to use this GIF????

It's not true, though.
5"5 :colondollar:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Only where i live.
Girls here always go for the guys with shocking personalities but who look good :/
Therefore thats all they care about around here!

This is probably you focusing on the strictly negative parts. When people stay with guys with "shocking personalities" (however general that is), it's because they make up for the negative in other aspects of their personality. A guy may appear stoic or angry or rude, but there may be times when the passion is there that the guy will be caring, calm or sweet. People have a lot more complexity than you give them credit for here.
Physically: dark hair with light eyes, not too tall, nice arms
Personality: loyal, caring, makes me cry with laughter, open-minded

Although the guy I currently like is about 6 foot (I'm 5 foot 1 so....yeah pretty much anyone even average height seems tall to me) and has blonde hair, so the physical stuff can definitely change. If someone has a great personality it really doesn't matter what they look like all that much.
If they like my smile and don't care about body hair.
Original post by The_Internet
There must be something I'm doing wrong
or..... The above lists are incomplete. Or I'm completely oblivious to any thing liking me which is also plausible, or they think I'm gay as I have a fair few platonic friends that are girls. Who knows

I guess it'll be the weight even tho I'm told "Nah"

Maybe it's because you refer to women as things? :wink:
I hope you're not really that lacking in confidence. I don't know you but I've seen your pics and you're good looking at least :dontknow:

As to what I look for in a man; Good sense of humour, supportive, intelligent without being arrogant about it. Ambition, a good sense of direction and knowledge about where he wants to be in life.

Physically? Thick beard, dark hair and dark eyes are a plus, taller than me would be nice too, which isn't hard as I'm pretty short. A nice hairy bod is sexy to me too. And being able to kiss well. But I've found all sorts attractive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Precious Illusions
I hope you're not really that lacking in confidence. I don't know you but I've seen your pics and you're good looking at least :dontknow:

As to what I look for in a man; Good sense of humour, supportive, intelligent without being arrogant about it. Ambition, a good sense of direction and knowledge about where he wants to be in life.

Physically? Thick beard, dark hair and dark eyes are a plus, taller than me would be nice too, which isn't hard as I'm pretty short. A good kisser too. But I've found all sorts attractive.

You liar, that list should be just
"Will buy me a G&T in spoons".
Original post by Viva Emptiness
You liar, that list should be just
"Will buy me a G&T in spoons".

Minimum of 3 G&Ts. I don't want a cheapskate.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Minimum of 3 G&Ts. I don't want a cheapskate.

3 G&Ts and then ****s off to let me enjoy them in peace. Perfect man :love:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Maybe it's because you refer to women as things? :wink:

I'm not even sure how that happened lol. Sorry, it's now been changed.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending