The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TiernanW
Sorry, but you're very knowledgeable, so since no one else seems to know, I'll ask you.

I sat this GCSE for Maths: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathematics/gcse/mathematics-linear-b-4365 As you can see it has B at the end of it, and on UCAS I have the option to select Mathematics or Mathematics B. On my certificates it simply says "Mathematics". Which option do I pick, or does it matter?

If the certificate says maths then pick maths.
Original post by Nettled
This subject has not been reformed yet so I would be retaking one module.

If I was to state I got and A in one module and I put my overral grade surely they would still be able to figure out what I got in my other Unit?

If you re going to mention individual modules, it looks suspicious if you omit one so why not include it.
Original post by Nettled
This subject has not been reformed yet so I would be retaking one module.

If I was to state I got and A in one module and I put my overral grade surely they would still be able to figure out what I got in my other Unit?
I had the same problem, you put in the AS subject twice and have grade as pending for August 2017 don't include any modules unless u oxbridge.
Original post by claireestelle
If you re going to mention individual modules, it looks suspicious if you omit one so why not include it.

Because I did awful in one module. But really good in the other module. As for the module I did awful in I would be retaking it and therefore my grade in that module will probably change.

Original post by dom117117
I had the same problem, you put in the AS subject twice and have grade as pending for August 2017 don't include any modules unless u oxbridge.

Ah so you included your AS overall grades in one and then the same subject again as pending?
Original post by Nettled
Because I did awful in one module. But really good in the other module. As for the module I did awful in I would be retaking it and therefore my grade in that module will probably change.

Ah so you included your AS overall grades in one and then the same subject again as pending?

Yep my ucas got bounced twice because of this. I was told not to include the modules tho for the resits but if you do you probably have to include all the module ums u took even the bad one. Don't worry tho the uni would know that as you done well in one it will be easy to push ur overall average up.
Yep my ucas got bounced twice because of this. I was told not to include the modules tho for the resits but if you do you probably have to include all the module ums u took even the bad one. Don't worry tho the uni would know that as you done well in one it will be easy to push ur overall average up.

Wait so is that the right way to do it?
Original post by Nettled
Wait so is that the right way to do it?
So one with overal AS grade with August 2016 (no modules) then one AS pending August 2017 (no modules). If you wanted to declare ur A in the module do it in the AS 2016 one and declare all other modules in that grade. No modules in resit AS as they can tell.
(edited 7 years ago)
So one with overal AS grade with August 2016 (no modules) then one AS pending August 2017 (no modules). If you wanted to declare ur A in the module do it in the AS 2016 one and declare all other modules in that grade. No modules in resit AS as they can tell.

Ah thanks for clearing that up! :smile:
Reply 488
My school only cash in C1 C2 and M1 as AS Math but I also took C3 C4 and S1 but the report did not say it has cashed in yet. Then how should I fill it in UCAS? Fiill Math A level as pending or just put all modular in and said pending or put all six modules and put grade A* in Math?
Original post by Pattyps
My school only cash in C1 C2 and M1 as AS Math but I also took C3 C4 and S1 but the report did not say it has cashed in yet. Then how should I fill it in UCAS? Fiill Math A level as pending or just put all modular in and said pending or put all six modules and put grade A* in Math?

Fill in the result for AS maths from 2016, if you wish to include your unit results then use C1, C2 and your best from M1 or S1. Then put A level maths as pending for 2017.

You don't have an A level in maths yet if you have not cashed it in so cannot enter it as if you do.
You must declare the AS but it will only let you fill in 3 results for an AS, your examiner will have used the best applications unit when calculating your AS grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, so this is my situation. I got BCCD at AS then dropped the D and retook 4 modules alongside my A2 exams to get A*AA. I've put the D down in the UCAS education section, but do I put AS grades for the three subjects I continued and completed? And if so what AS grades do I put down? Thanks in advance.
Don't want to sound stupid but I'm still confused.

Basically I have sat 5 of my 6 maths modules, so am I right in putting a completed AS, and a pending A-level?
The reason for the confusion here is that on my results slip it lists only the module scores, and does not actually state an overall AS grade.

For further maths, I have only sat 1 of my 6 modules, and by the end of this academic year I will have the full A-level. So do I need to put both a pending AS and a Pending A-level?

Also when adding my EPQ (which I'm doing this year), one of the required fields is titled "subject", what exactly am I supposed to input here?

Any help will be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Makadia
Don't want to sound stupid but I'm still confused.

Basically I have sat 5 of my 6 maths modules, so am I right in putting a completed AS, and a pending A-level?
The reason for the confusion here is that on my results slip it lists only the module scores, and does not actually state an overall AS grade.

For further maths, I have only sat 1 of my 6 modules, and by the end of this academic year I will have the full A-level. So do I need to put both a pending AS and a Pending A-level?

Also when adding my EPQ (which I'm doing this year), one of the required fields is titled "subject", what exactly am I supposed to input here?

Any help will be much appreciated :smile:

You should only put a completed AS in maths if you have cashed in and been awarded a grade. It sounds like you have not and probably won't, therefore you should just enter the A level as pending. If in doubt whether you have or will cash in the AS check with your exams office.
For FM you might not cash in the AS and so would only enter the A level as pending, again if you are unsure you should check.
We don't do EPQ so I don't know about your final question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ninjakam119
Hi, so this is my situation. I got BCCD at AS then dropped the D and retook 4 modules alongside my A2 exams to get A*AA. I've put the D down in the UCAS education section, but do I put AS grades for the three subjects I continued and completed? And if so what AS grades do I put down? Thanks in advance.

yes you put the grades down for the ones you completed, and then put down that you resat those particular exams and put down what you got as an A2 grade.
Original post by claireestelle
yes you put the grades down for the ones you completed, and then put down that you resat those particular exams and put down what you got as an A2 grade.

thanks for the reply, just to clarify so I'd put bccd and aab under AS exams and (my bcc at AS turned to aab)
Hi guys, I'm referring to points for C1 and C2 and the additional module?

Thank you.
No
Original post by Ninjakam119
thanks for the reply, just to clarify so I'd put bccd and aab under AS exams and (my bcc at AS turned to aab)

Check with your exams officer to find out whether your resits were counted against JUST your A level or whether they re-certified your AS results as well.

If they weren't re certified then only your first AS results and your final A level results should be listed.
Original post by gdunne42
You should only put a completed AS in maths if you have cashed in and been awarded a grade. It sounds like you have not and probably won't, therefore you should just enter the A level as pending. If in doubt whether you have or will cash in the AS check with your exams office.
For FM you might not cash in the AS and so would only enter the A level as pending, again if you are unsure you should check.
We don't do EPQ so I don't know about your final question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay :smile: thanks
If anyone else has any answers to the questions I asked, please say
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
Check with your exams officer to find out whether your resits were counted against JUST your A level or whether they re-certified your AS results as well.

If they weren't re certified then only your first AS results and your final A level results should be listed.

Hi, my teacher said not to put the AS levels if I carried them on to A2, does this sound alright?

Latest

Trending

Trending