The Student Room Group

Not long left 19 minutes URGENT

I have a tutor talk. I want to see if I can become a dentist despite doing the wrong A level . I need to see if I can attempt to do a science A levels without a B in maths. Please help me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by England113
I have a tutor talk. I want to see if I can become a dentist despite doing the wrong A level . I need to see if I can attempt to do a science A levels without a B in maths. Please help me

You're going to struggle without a B in GCSE maths but really it comes down to the individual college/tutors. Some may be willing to amend requirements for A-Levels, some may not.

The bigger question that you need to ask yourself is why you want to become a dentist. It might seem to the tutor like it's a bit of a last minute decision because you've chosen completely different A-Levels. Really you need to think about it and try to convince your tutor why it's a good idea. You need to show them you're serious and are willing to put in the effort despite low GCSE grades.

Still it may not be viable and you need to prepare for that situation and possibly come up with a few different options. Not sure if there are foundation degrees for dentistry but that might be an option?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck though. :smile:
I'm afraid that I'm unable to offer you any relevant advice but I encourage you to BREATHE; it'll all be alright.

Good luck - you'll absolutely smash it!
Banana :h::h:
Reply 3
Ok pray for me
Reply 4
Original post by unrealistic
You're going to struggle without a B in GCSE maths but really it comes down to the individual college/tutors. Some may be willing to amend requirements for A-Levels, some may not.

The bigger question that you need to ask yourself is why you want to become a dentist. It might seem to the tutor like it's a bit of a last minute decision because you've chosen completely different A-Levels. Really you need to think about it and try to convince your tutor why it's a good idea. You need to show them you're serious and are willing to put in the effort despite low GCSE grades.

Still it may not be viable and you need to prepare for that situation and possibly come up with a few different options. Not sure if there are foundation degrees for dentistry but that might be an option?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck though. :smile:

Majority of my GCSEs are B
Update?
Reply 6
Original post by Inspiringvisons
Update?

Nothing bad or good.
Original post by England113
Nothing bad or good.

Meaning...

Quick Reply

Latest