The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How hard is it to get into University of Southampton

I am sending my uni application off this week and my top choice is Southampton uiversity to study the dual nursing degree in childrens and adults nursing. the entry requirement is ABB. I have finished college and taking a gap year, my results are BB in Health and Social and D in sociology, but I will have quit a bit of experience. I am currently working as a healthcare assistant and next year I will be doing 6 months volunteering abroad in hospitals, orphanages, schools, some things with animals and sight seeing but mainly i'm in hospitals around Africa and Asia. I here Southhampton is really hard to get into so I was just wondering if there was any point in me applying to Southampton, does anyone think I have a chance or should I save that spot for a different university.
Unless you plan to resit it and have good predicted grades, it's unlikely they'll give you an offer. @PQ can probably advise further.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by katie.anne
I am sending my uni application off this week and my top choice is Southampton uiversity to study the dual nursing degree in childrens and adults nursing. the entry requirement is ABB. I have finished college and taking a gap year, my results are BB in Health and Social and D in sociology, but I will have quit a bit of experience. I am currently working as a healthcare assistant and next year I will be doing 6 months volunteering abroad in hospitals, orphanages, schools, some things with animals and sight seeing but mainly i'm in hospitals around Africa and Asia. I here Southhampton is really hard to get into so I was just wondering if there was any point in me applying to Southampton, does anyone think I have a chance or should I save that spot for a different university.

Ring them up and ask them
Health Sciences - Undergraduate admissions enquiriesTelephone: +44 (0) 23 8059 5500

It might be worth asking about the possibility of transferring from Adult nursing to the dual honours course - as the entry requirements for the 3 yr Adult course are lower.

If they aren't promising then ask if there are any specific science preparation courses you could take this year to boost your application - something giving a strong background in physiology/anatomy or similar are most likely to appeal to them.
I really don't know why more people don't use this source
http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-southampton-s27/childrens-and-adult-nursing-4-years-b746

they have an offer rate of 12% and your grades are significantly below the entry requirements. unless you experience seriously makes you stand out and or you have serious mitigating factors I don't mean to be harsh but I don't think your chances are good. Can you not resit some A levels as an option?
Original post by Luke7456
I really don't know why more people don't use this source

Because until I linked you to it last week you didn't know it existed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending