The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josh_v

Think I submitted around September 1st.*

Okay, thanks :smile:
I just submitted my PwC application, and I wasn't asked for any motivational questions. I am quite confused, did I not submit the application correctly?*

Original post by Roshniroxy
I just submitted my PwC application, and I wasn't asked for any motivational questions. I am quite confused, did I not submit the application correctly?*

there should be a question:
Why have you chosen this particular business area?
Original post by groovyd97
there should be a question:
Why have you chosen this particular business area?

I submitted an application for indirect tax, I don't think they do have motivational questions, so hopefully i'm fine.*
Has anyone here been through a PwC assessment centre? If so is the diagrammatic/inductive test the same as on the psychometric e-learn?
Thanks all
Reply 185
Original post by popcornjpg
Has anyone here been through a PwC assessment centre? If so is the diagrammatic/inductive test the same as on the psychometric e-learn?
Thanks all

i found them a bit harder than online and i also felt more pressure.
Email from Deloitte this morning saying they have had technical problems and asking me to complete service line questionnaire again. Did it, then received email shortly after saying they will be in touch with convenient time for interview.
Hey guys I got through the assessment centre for school leavers, if anyone wants some advice feel free to ask.
Got an invite today to a Deloitte assessment centre. Slightly confused because the application process suggests that there are two interviews with no mention of an assessment centre. Anyone else got any experience or invite?
Original post by popcornjpg
Hey guys I got through the assessment centre for school leavers, if anyone wants some advice feel free to ask.

Congratulations on passing the assessment centre for school leavers. I have an AC on the 28th october in Manchester. Please could you give me a brief overview as to how it went and what you did for the group discussion etc.
Original post by hodgey111
Got an invite today to a Deloitte assessment centre. Slightly confused because the application process suggests that there are two interviews with no mention of an assessment centre. Anyone else got any experience or invite?

Basically, Deloitte has put the competency interview together with an assessment center compared to other firms that want you to do a telephone interview to answer competency questions.
I think they sometimes call this event first interview or assessment center, but it's the same thing. You'll have a competency interview with a manager, as well as a case study and a little group exercise if you are doing Consulting or Tax, I believe. However, I don't think you have to re do the online tests.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey what scheme have you applied for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore me I realise we've already spoken in a different thread haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Any advice for they EY numerical and verbal?

The verbal assesses 5 topics, but what is required to pass it?
Original post by e^x
Any advice for they EY numerical and verbal?

The verbal assesses 5 topics, but what is required to pass it?

One of the easier tests I've done. Just make sure for the verbal one you concentrate and pick out all the errors. There is a test regarding verbal style which was quite confusing, but I'm sure you will be fine.
Sorry posted by mistake
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 196
One of the easier tests I've done. Just make sure for the verbal one you concentrate and pick out all the errors. There is a test regarding verbal style which was quite confusing, but I'm sure you will be fine.

They say u should spend 50mins for the verbal. So do u think as long as youre accurate and complete it in 50mins that would be a pass?
Original post by e^x
They say u should spend 50mins for the verbal. So do u think as long as youre accurate and complete it in 50mins that would be a pass?

Impossible to say. Just try your best and double-check answers to make sure you are accurate.
i thought EY consultancy scheme need to have a certain amount of UCAS points and a B in English and maths??! has it changed since the last intake?
Hi has anyone had an AC interview for EY's summer internship? :smile:*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending