The Student Room Group

Trump hysteria

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dodgypirate
I've only started watching him recently. He's great.

I've watched plenty of Sargon of Akkad, and they did a live stream together.

I don't think I've watched any Sargon of Akkad, but I'll have to give some videos a watch.
Original post by TheBirdman
I don't think I've watched any Sargon of Akkad, but I'll have to give some videos a watch.

He uploads "This Week is Stupid" every Sunday, they're always fun :smile:
For example, her defence of a man who raped a 12 year old girl, full well knowing he was guilty, while still laughing on the subject. If that were Trump the media would go insane.

The claim she laughed at a 12 year old rape victim has been completely debunked.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

In our system of justice, everyone is entitled to an aggressive defence that puts the state to evidence and forces them to prove their case. Hillary Clinton could have gone to work for a top law firm, earning the big bucks, given her Harvard law degree. Instead she did work that paid almost nothing.

Among people with an ordinary moral sensibility, they consider that praiseworthy. Then again, given Trump's obsession with money, status and material success, perhaps it's understandable his supporters think it's disgusting she didn't immediately go out trying to earn as much money as possible.
Original post by Dodgypirate
He uploads "This Week is Stupid" every Sunday, they're always fun :smile:

Sargon of Akkad is a bigoted douchebag and an edgelord to boot. Somehow these days on the alt-right just being a nasty piece of **** and saying horrible things about people on the basis of gender or sexuality apparently makes you some kind of first-rate philosopher and edgy rebel against the status quo.

It's pathetic. It's not a coincidence that the sort of people who tend to be attracted to this are, for the most part, people who are not very bright, not very accomplished, people who have issues viz. women, work etc that have caused them to become extremely embittered.
Reply 24
Original post by AlexanderHam
Sargon of Akkad is a bigoted douchebag and an edgelord to boot. Somehow these days on the alt-right just being a nasty piece of **** and saying horrible things about people on the basis of gender or sexuality apparently makes you some kind of first-rate philosopher and edgy rebel against the status quo.

It's pathetic. It's not a coincidence that the sort of people who tend to be attracted to this are, for the most part, people who are not very bright, not very accomplished, people who have issues viz. women, work etc that have caused them to become extremely embittered.

He claims to be quite centre, if not left wing. Just not a fan of social justice and political correctness. Alt-right? Seems like a bit of a stretch.
He claims to be quite centre, if not left wing. Just not a fan of social justice and political correctness. Alt-right? Seems like a bit of a stretch.

The second someone starts babbling about "SJWs" and "political correctness", I can't take them seriously anymore. It's a substance-free position; it's basically just an annoying whine about modernity. Anger over the fact the world has changed.

Not allowed to call black people n-----s? Political correctness. Discouraged to scream "f----t" in the street against gay people? Political correctness. No longer permitted to put your hand down the blouse of a woman at work? SJW crap. This is the dying shriek of a group of people who were used to having everything their way, and now that they get called on their bigotry, they start wallowing in victimhood. I'm sorry but it's ****ing pathetic, particularly in the United States where the 1st amendment means you can say pretty much anything without fear of legal consequences.

These people seem to think that "free speech" means freedom from being criticised for what they say. They seem to think that they not only have a right to hold these disgusting views (which they do). but they also have the right not to have other people criticise and ridicule them for their backward mindset. wish they would stop ****ing whining. They're acting like a bunch of little punks
Reply 26
Original post by AlexanderHam
The second someone starts babbling about "SJWs" and "political correctness", I can't take them seriously anymore. It's a substance-free position; it's basically just an annoying whine about modernity. Anger over the fact the world has changed.

Not allowed to call black people n-----s? Political correctness. Discouraged to scream "f----t" in the street against gay people? Political correctness. No longer permitted to put your hand down the blouse of a woman at work? SJW crap. This is the dying shriek of a group of people who were used to having everything their way, and now that they get called on their bigotry, they start wallowing in victimhood. I'm sorry but it's ****ing pathetic, particularly in the United States where the 1st amendment means you can say pretty much anything without fear of legal consequences.

These people seem to think that "free speech" means freedom from being criticised for what they say. They seem to think that they not only have a right to hold these disgusting views (which they do). but they also have the right not to have other people criticise and ridicule them for their backward mindset. wish they would stop ****ing whining. They're acting like a bunch of little punks

I believe you've misunderstood the general consensus on what the annoying PC culture is. All those "politically incorrect" examples you gave are examples of inappropriate behaviour. Political correctness to most is the infuriating way in which young people (mostly) anger over correct pronouns, labels etc. Extremely left views such as there being as many genders as you can think up and the overuse of debunked myths such as the wage gap, is what we hate. People are allowed to have these extremely left views, but anyone who dare oppose these ideas (for example believing cultural appropriation is not a big issue) is villified and publicly shamed. SJW's are the people fighting for nothing, disregarding fact and unable to engage in discourse without naming their opponent a "facist" or "racist" after naming a view they do not like. This stance from most, other than few in the alt-right, is aiming to allow freedom of speech in the media, online and in real life to carry on without SJW's claiming there should be rules such as "banned words" on university campus. It is no excuse for real racism and discrimination, but people seem to be forgetting what that really is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending