The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

So I finished the two tests just now. I've done a few SJT as practice and tended to do well in them (at least, get the 'most likely' option correct), so fingers crossed that I at least did decently. Behavioural one is... eh. I had to do one for my part time job at Debenhams and managed to pass that so I hope that'll also go well since I'm honestly not sure how I'd take being rejected so early on haha.

Original post by Saoirseach
Hi Guys, I contacted the Fast Stream people via the Facebook chat a few days ago regarding expected results date for the online SJT and behavioral tests. Having originally stating that you should hear back immediately if you are successful or not, they were unsure and checked into this. I got confirmation this morning that they would be contacting candidates individually and expect this to begin in the next week or so. I hope this puts some fears at ease... there is still hope! :wink:

Thank you so much for asking! I guess they're waiting a week or so to see how people are doing before setting a pass mark which is fair enough to be honest. Good luck to you, and to everyone else!
Oh that's fantastic news, well, it's a ray of hope!!

Fingers crossed for next week.

Good luck everyone's who done their tests.
Just done the tests myself. The SJT wasn't too bad but the behavioural one? I honestly didn't know how to go about it, the statements seem too ambiguous and generalized to me, I found it far too difficult to accurately say whether I was more one way or another.. Ah well, what will be will be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 203
Original post by Eboracum7
Just done the tests myself. The SJT wasn't too bad but the behavioral one? I honestly didn't know how do go about it, the statements seem too ambiguous and generalized to me, I found it far too difficult to accurately say whether I was more one way or another.. Ah well, what will be will be.

I did mine two days ago. I'm sure it said I'd get a response within 7 days I think. I found situational ok and it's hard to tell with behavioural. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eboracum7
Just done the tests myself. The SJT wasn't too bad but the behavioral one? I honestly didn't know how do go about it, the statements seem too ambiguous and generalized to me, I found it far too difficult to accurately say whether I was more one way or another.. Ah well, what will be will be.

That's the impression I got following the behavioural test. Also found it very repetitive as the same behaviours kept reoccurring but worded marginally differently.
Original post by hodgey111
That's the impression I got following the behavioural test. Also found it very repetitive as the same behaviours kept reoccurring but worded marginally differently.

From what I read, it's to ensure you're consistent and not just giving the answers you think they want to hear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Caravan_Palace
From what I read, it's to ensure you're consistent and not just giving the answers you think they want to hear.

That's what I gathered to be fair
Applied for Finance, Commercial and Project Delivery in that order. Anyone similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recently discovered there is now a numerical test at a later stage for commercial and finance, which I can only assume is the Assessment Center. Would of preferred the standard numerical online tests for sure.
Reply 209
Original post by Liv1204
Hey all.

I applied for the Fast Stream back in September, and started my role in my department in April. So if anyone has any questions - whether about the application process or about working in the CS - do feel message to quote or PM me and I will do my best to answer. :smile:

what is the pass for the situational test ?and is it timed?
Reply 210
Original post by jacq123
what is the pass for the rsituational test ?and is it timed?

No, they are not timed
Reply 211
Hi everyone! How did you find the online tests????

I found the SJT difficult...not sure how well I did tbh. So glad they were not timed; I really had to think about each answer.

The behavioural test was meh, I tried to answer as best I could without answering how I thought they would want me to. ugh.

Has anyone got their results back and moved on to the e-tray? Never done one before so idea what to expect.
Reply 212
Anyone got SJ and behavioural test results yet?
I've been refreshing my emails like crazy, but nothing yet. As they say, no news is better than bad news.
Hi everyone, I'm applying for the first time this hear to the sciences scheme and then diplomatic service as second choice. I did the tests eight days ago now and haven't had any emails yet so don't panic. Will let you know if I do hear anything :smile:
P.s my biggest but of advice: I can see how many of you are nervous and want to pass, but please don't just answer in the way you think they want you to.. Particularly the behavioural test. Its better you aren't successful, than get in by faking who you are and then finding out you hate the job because you weren't the right fit in the first place.
Original post by Neurola
P.s my biggest but of advice: I can see how many of you are nervous and want to pass, but please don't just answer in the way you think they want you to.. Particularly the behavioural test. Its better you aren't successful, than get in by faking who you are and then finding out you hate the job because you weren't the right fit in the first place.

Personally I'd rather see first hand for myself that I do not like the job rather than a flawed test telling me I'm not the right fit.
Reply 217
Original post by Neurola

I agree you shouldn't fake it, however, you should be honest without putting yourself down too much. I don't want to put myself at a disadvantage at this stage by being overly critical. It is recommended to answer as you would when performing at your professional best.
I see that on the FS 2017 FAQs it's saying 'you can expect your results by the middle of October' http://www.faststream.gov.uk/faqs/
A few more days I guess
Just had confirmation from the civil service fast stream Facebook page that numerical tests will be in place at the AC stage for finance and commercial where a pass mark will need to be reached to continue. Will be disappointing to travel all that way for the final stage only to fall down on the numerical test but there we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply