The Student Room Group

EPQ Question Ideas On Jack the Ripper?

I'm doing my extened project but I'm struggling to come up with a question for my dissertation... Does anyone happen to have any good question about Jack The Ripper which could have an argument for and against??
Original post by KateChurchy
I'm doing my extened project but I'm struggling to come up with a question for my dissertation... Does anyone happen to have any good question about Jack The Ripper which could have an argument for and against??

The EPQ doesn't need to have arguments within it, mine didn't and I got an A* with minimal effort. You could maybe do something about the theories behind all the different suspects. I know there's a lot of in depth evidence that points to a number of suspects. I seem to remember a bbc documentary on it last year or maybe the year before? Evaluate the reliability and flaws within each theory? Maybe start with the research before you fully develop a question- let the question find you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on your angle and interest area. If you're into history you could ask "to what extent did the Jack the Ripper murders have an effect on London's history" or if you're into psychology you could ask "to what extent did the JTR murders have an effect on modern day life, both in popular culture as well as in public perception of the city of London". Hell you could even go "Did failures in the police force and justice system lead to the failure of the JTR case?"

Quick Reply

Latest