The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All will be hailed by those too ignorant to learn about islam. Would not be surprised if one of those racist "parties" groups will claim responsibility or praise the attacker.
This shouldn't happen anywhere...
Reply 3302
Original post by cheekibreekier
All will be hailed by those too ignorant to learn about islam. Would not be surprised if one of those racist "parties" groups will claim responsibility or praise the attacker.
This shouldn't happen anywhere...

Not sure why any party would be proud of this. But totally agree should not happen anywhere.

Welcome to ISOC :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam

If you have a look at authentic hadith the most correct view is that she (RA) was 9 years old.

One of the reasons I've seen others claim she (RA) was older (when married) is due to fear of mockery from non Muslims.
However if you look at historical context there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about her marriage at a young age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
as you know very well, the problem is not what happened 1400 years ago : it's that, in present times, many Muslims consider that it is not possible for an "Islamic" state to forbid something that has been practiced by Muhammad himself

however, this is not the place to hold this discussion, so I will stop at that

best
Original post by h333
Not sure why any party would be proud of this. But totally agree should not happen anywhere.

Welcome to ISOC :smile:

Thank you. Unfortunately in the UK we have "political" parties such as Britain First and offshoots that are really just racist people ganging together just to be racist and claim it's "politics" or "freedom of speech" it's wrong and they share propaganda on facebook and people share it and most of it is made up and people don't realise this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3306
Thank you. Unfortunately in the UK we have "political" parties such as Britain First and offshoots that are really just racist people ganging together just to be racist and claim it's "politics" or "freedom of speech" it's wrong and they share propaganda on facebook and people share it and most of it is made up and people don't realise this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are welcome.
Oh that is very bad.
Reply 3307
Original post by IdeasForLife

Unfortunately this is so true :frown: Alhamdulillah I don't like being on social stuff for too long eg WhatsApp.
Wa'alaykumasalaam. I hope you are both doing good too.

Yeah I'm doing good thanks :smile:

So trueeeee
Does anybody have this thing where just before you pray your namaz you've decided you'll only pray your Fardh (Of course) and your Sunnats and leave your Nafl out but after you've finished praying you just end up praying your Nafl anyway? Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile
well, that's the price to pay for our classical freedoms, such as freedoms of opinion, speech, press, reunion

personally, I think that the price to pay is not too high

best
[video="youtube;w9a6blduFb0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9a6blduFb0[/video]
Original post by mil88
Indeed, it is amazing how history repeats itself (Karbala)

If you dont mind me asking what the news story got with karbala?
The great days of fast:
Remember brothers/sisters we are in a great month and fasting as much as possible of this month is recommended, as by the hadith of the prophet pbuh:
افضل الصيام بعد رمضان صيام شهر الله الذي تسمونه محرم
The best of fasting after the month of ramadan is the fasting of the month of muharam.
So we should try to fast as many days during this month as we can.
If not then let us fast on the great day of Ashura (tomorrow 10th muharam) and a day before it (today) or a day after it.
As the prophet pbuh mentioned in the hadith of the greatness of fasting this day, he pbuh said:
احتسب على الله ان يكفر السنة التى قبله
I hope that Allah will accept it as a cleanse for the sins of the previous year
May Allah swt give us the strength to fast these blessed days.
Original post by mariachi
well, that's the price to pay for our classical freedoms, such as freedoms of opinion, speech, press, reunion

personally, I think that the price to pay is not too high

best

So I suppose you are a supporter of hate speech free speech including for the likes of anjum and co?
Reply 3317
Salaam :smile:

Original post by 123teddy
[video="youtube;w9a6blduFb0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9a6blduFb0[/video]

I remember watching this ages ago lol.

Original post by Al-farhan
The great days of fast:
Remember brothers/sisters we are in a great month and fasting as much as possible of this month is recommended, as by the hadith of the prophet pbuh:
افضل الصيام بعد رمضان صيام شهر الله الذي تسمونه محرم
The best of fasting after the month of ramadan is the fasting of the month of muharam.
So we should try to fast as many days during this month as we can.
If not then let us fast on the great day of Ashura (tomorrow 10th muharam) and a day before it (today) or a day after it.
As the prophet pbuh mentioned in the hadith of the greatness of fasting this day, he pbuh said:
احتسب على الله ان يكفر السنة التى قبله
I hope that Allah will accept it as a cleanse for the sins of the previous year
May Allah swt give us the strength to fast these blessed days.

Ameen.

Original post by ak143244
Does anybody have this thing where just before you pray your namaz you've decided you'll only pray your Fardh (Of course) and your Sunnats and leave your Nafl out but after you've finished praying you just end up praying your Nafl anyway? Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :/.

Hmmm I think I get what you are trying to say. Yes tbh it has happened with me where I have not intended to do nafl but then did end up praying it.
So I suppose you are a supporter of hate speech free speech including for the likes of anjum and co?
as we all know, while we may of course, for reasons of expediency, use the expression "free speech" there is no such thing as "absolute free speech"

there are laws which limit it in many ways : laws against slander, libel, incitation to commit crimes, intellectual property infringements etc etc

however, as per the well-known mariachi rule, I will refrain from continuing this discussion in the ISOC

best
If you dont mind me asking what the news story got with karbala?

Of course I don't mind you asking brother.

After Imam Hussain and his great companions (and family) were martyred in Karbala, the women and children were taken captives - many of their veils were snatched from them (not to mention some of their dresses being burnt).

*Just to add, the main victim in this oppression being BIbi Zainab, the sister of Imam Hussain.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest