The Student Room Group

What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
From an evolutionary/subconscious standpoint, a man being tall is associated with masculinity, power and good genetics.

:biggrin:

Damn evolution taking over girls' pathetic minds -_-
Original post by Rhaenys10
Why on Earth are so many guys replying here?? :|

I haven't even answered the OP tho :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
Damn evolution taking over girls' pathetic minds -_-

There are plenty of reasons why girls consciously prefer tall men as well, but I didn't answer that part because I'm not a girl :tongue:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I haven't even answered the OP tho :colonhash:

Wasn't talking about you, but about some of the guys here speaking on behalf of girls
Me neither btw... posted a gif that I hoped would get me some reps but nobody really noticed it :rofl:
Original post by FireFreezer77
^^^
Truthful answers
Is it just looks because it seems that way
Personality means nothing around where i live
You dont have the looks, you just get laughed at in the street :frown:
So what do girls actually look for in a guy nowadays?

Aesthetically it's more about achieving a minimum standard for women rather than being Brad Pitt. Those minimum standards are basically..

Tall (average height at a minimum)
Skinny (they don't care if you have abs but they won't go for you if you are fat)
No major deformities or features. (severe acne ect..)

Once you reach that minimum standard then confidence is your biggest asset in terms of having the personality to go to a girl and tell her you want the number. From there your other traits will dictate the relationship potential.

*This applies more to meeting a random girl you desire online or in RL. If you can be friends with a girl through your social group then there's a better chance you can win on personality alone.
Why on Earth are so many guys replying here?? :|

Experience and the fact that women don't always admit what they really go for.
Reply 106
looks wise id say tall, abs and good looking. but of course when looking for a relationship idc about looks as much its about how he makes me feel and how caring he is
Original post by Rakas21
Experience and the fact that women don't always admit what they really go for.

Idk, judging by their answers, some of the guys here are just bitter.
Reply 108
Humour, intelligence and a good character.

No doubt. We're on a forum where some men are creating threads saying they are 20 year old virgins.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate (though all my fault) enough to have gone from the nerdy virgin to basically a player (not out of malice, i simply had no desire for a relationship until my early twenties) to fat guy who gets laid once in a blue moon and all in a decade or so. Hence i have developed a good eye for what women say they want and what they forget to add.

No, no, no, they obviously just know the hidden secret that all we want is abs, a large D and 6ft+, and not the multitude of other things actual women have listed above.

They probably just sound bitter about it because they don't have any of those things either.
Original post by Rakas21
No doubt. We're on a forum where some men are creating threads saying they are 20 year old virgins.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate (though all my fault) enough to have gone from the nerdy virgin to basically a player (not out of malice, i simply had no desire for a relationship until my early twenties) to fat guy who gets laid once in a blue moon and all in a decade or so. Hence i have developed a good eye for what women say they want and what they forget to add.

I know...

You're partly right. I've also seen that the girls here tend to avoid the wallet thing, which is definitely a sensitive topic, but one worth discussing, in my opinion. It doesn't really matter when we're talking about hook ups and **** like this, but let's face it - how many girls (women?) would actually date a man without a penny to his name who's not even willing to get a job?

Pls no hate TSR
Original post by Viva Emptiness
No, no, no, they obviously just know the hidden secret that all we want is abs, a large D and 6ft+, and not the multitude of other things actual women have listed above.

They probably just sound bitter about it because they don't have any of those things either.

Original post by Viva Emptiness

Exactly. Maybe some of them are joking, but if you think a girl refused to go out with you because you don't have abs, you've got serious problems.
I'm not a gold digger lol
I just stated the truth...
I doubt that. But seriously, a woman usually expects her partner to be on the same level as her, that's all I'm saying
It's not actually money that's the problem. It's what it says about a person. Like, I know you can be super hardworking and **** and still be poor, but a guy that sits on his ass all ****ing day, complains about his situation and doesn't wanna get a job isn't attractive at all.

See what I'm talking about?
Well ****, I should've kept my mouth shut. :rofl: Anyway, it's not like being with someone rich makes you rich too.

Why are you betraying me tho? :frown:
Personally I think appearances are important initially 🤔 There are certain attributes I prefer over others but they aren't deal breakers, I'm not looking to date supermodels 😂. As a tall girl, 5ft10, I do look at height a lot as I find it weird to date shorter guys.
Ultimately for lasting relationships is to share a few common interests but also have a few uncommon interests to talk about, not awkward and not a knob head 😂
:rofl:

Good to know, I was starting to doubt your intentions. :rofl:

Ur sinning. He'll want to hear your Confession. :rofl:
Wasn't talking about you, but about some of the guys here speaking on behalf of girls
Me neither btw... posted a gif that I hoped would get me some reps but nobody really noticed it :rofl:

Just making sure :u:

:eek: You rep whore :rofl: I never saw the gif tbh, people probably replied to the thread too quickly and it got buried :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending