The Student Room Group

Are these uni choices too ambitious?

The entry requirements for the 5 universities I'm looking at are:
A*AA
AAA
AAA
AAB
ABB
Do you think that I should replace one of the AAA's with a university with lower entry requirements for a safe back up or leave them as they are? I am predicted A*AA but I don't think predicted grades are a good method of picking Unis....
seems fine
Reply 2
You have an ABB university so you should be fine. I'm assuming you are intelligent enough to know what you can and can't get, ABB is not that hard to get imo but idk about you
We are in almost similar positions. My choices are:
A*AA
AAA
AAB
AAB
ABB

And I'm predicted A*AA but I don't know if my predicted grades are enough. I have to be accepted jnto one though haha :smile: for me it's about getting those offers, I know what I can achieve at the end of A2. Good luck though!
Reply 4
Original post by GUMI
You have an ABB university so you should be fine. I'm assuming you are intelligent enough to know what you can and can't get, ABB is not that hard to get imo but idk about you

Thank you for the polite and helpful answer, rare on TSR nowadays :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Shaaayxp
We are in almost similar positions. My choices are:
A*AA
AAA
AAB
AAB
ABB

And I'm predicted A*AA but I don't know if my predicted grades are enough. I have to be accepted jnto one though haha :smile: for me it's about getting those offers, I know what I can achieve at the end of A2. Good luck though!

Wow, almost identical! So worried about receiving offers more than anything tbh. Good luck to you too
Original post by Glib
Wow, almost identical! So worried about receiving offers more than anything tbh. Good luck to you too

Thanks! What subject are you applying for by the way? :smile:
guys I'm predicted AAA are these okay

AAA
AAA
AAB
ABB
BBB
Original post by samantham999
guys I'm predicted AAA are these okay

AAA
AAA
AAB
ABB
BBB

In my opinion those look like a good and reasonable range of universities based on entry requirements :smile: Good luck!
Don't let the nerve of sending off your UCAS application, getting references in, hearing everybody talk about universities etc make you doubt your abilities.

I was predicted A*A*A and put down a BBC choice - it was a completely wasted choice. You know what you can do - pick two choices below, two on par, and one above. At the moment it's about getting the offers. When you come to pick your firm and insurance, that's when you decide what is achievable based on what you've been offered :-) Good luck!
Original post by Shaaayxp
In my opinion those look like a good and reasonable range of universities based on entry requirements :smile: Good luck!

Thanks you too x
Reply 11
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Don't let the nerve of sending off your UCAS application, getting references in, hearing everybody talk about universities etc make you doubt your abilities.

I was predicted A*A*A and put down a BBC choice - it was a completely wasted choice. You know what you can do - pick two choices below, two on par, and one above. At the moment it's about getting the offers. When you come to pick your firm and insurance, that's when you decide what is achievable based on what you've been offered :-) Good luck!

Great advice! Thank you
AAC Predicted( Want to study Economics and Finance)
AABAABAABABB
BBB
Is that reasonable or should I have one AAA or another BBB or ABB
Reply 13
Original post by life.of.pablo
AAC Predicted( Want to study Economics and Finance)
AABAABAABABB
BBB
Is that reasonable or should I have one AAA or another BBB or ABB

This thread is in the Engineering forum...

But no matter the course it may well depend on which subjects your AAC are in anyway and their relevance for the course. e.g. a C in Maths could be a bigger problem than a C in a less "relevant" subject.
It should be fine :smile:

It depends if you think your predictions are realistic. I'm predicted A*AA but I only got AAB at AS, so I'm kind of working on the basis that AAA-AAB is a more realistic prediction for me, and I'm probably applying to:
AAA
AAB
ABB
ABB
BBB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending