The Student Room Group

Hiring manager hasn't rang me back??

I applied for a part-time job as a cleaner at a care home. The manager rang me a week later and said that he's very impressed with my CV and that I seem like a "Highly educated young professional" so he suggested that I attend an interview for 'Sales Receptionist' instead.
I attended the interview and everything went well. He seemed to like me. He said he'd ring me on Monday (today) to let me know if I've got the job and he even asked what times would be best to call me because I'm at sixth form.
It is now 8pm and he hasn't rang me at all...

I'm actually so annoyed right now... the manager practically told me I'd make a good match for the receptionist role (something I didn't initially apply to) and now he hasn't even let me know if I've got the job or not.
Why do you think this is? I wouldn't like to think that his intentions are just to not ring me at all because I put a lot of effort into both my application and the interview and even if I haven't been successful, the least he could do is tell me.
Thoughts?
How long has it been since he called? It may be he has forgotten. If he specified a date, then send an email as a polite reminder.
If he has not responded, I assume it is because someone has filled the position and he thinks ignoring you will be the nice way to break the bad news?
Original post by hamzaahmad786
How long has it been since he called? It may be he has forgotten. If he specified a date, then send an email as a polite reminder.
If he has not responded, I assume it is because someone has filled the position and he thinks ignoring you will be the nice way to break the bad news?

He told me at the end of the interview last Thursday that he would call me on Monday. It is now Wednesday and he hasn't rang at all.
Unfortunately, I don't have his email address.
The reason I'm so annoyed is that he said he would call. Plus, he specifically asked me to attend this interview as I didn't initially apply for this role, so it seems a bit rude of him to not even ring me to say I haven't got the job?
Original post by jessyjellytot14
He told me at the end of the interview last Thursday that he would call me on Monday. It is now Wednesday and he hasn't rang at all.
Unfortunately, I don't have his email address.
The reason I'm so annoyed is that he said he would call. Plus, he specifically asked me to attend this interview as I didn't initially apply for this role, so it seems a bit rude of him to not even ring me to say I haven't got the job?

Phone up tomorrow and ask.
There could be a legitimate reason for not calling you yet. Alternatively it could be that you havent got the job and he wasnt going to call you back. Either way you deserve to know.

Quick Reply

Latest