The Student Room Group

Should I take the day off school to work from home?

The amount of revision and coursework I have is unbelievable and it's making me really stressed out and I can't get anything done in school. I am considering taking tomorrow off to work from home, my attendance is currently 100% but I'm not worried about my attendance %, I'm more worried about getting my work done. What should I do?
Unless you are abroad exams are months away and honestly revision can wait while you complete coursework and such like, but not attending school will not help and will just add to the pressure.
Focus on coursework and lessons for now, and put revision to the back of your mind, as coursework normally finishes at least a couple of moths before the start of exams so you will have time to revise then.
Original post by adz234
The amount of revision and coursework I have is unbelievable and it's making me really stressed out and I can't get anything done in school. I am considering taking tomorrow off to work from home, my attendance is currently 100% but I'm not worried about my attendance %, I'm more worried about getting my work done. What should I do?

I have days of a few times a year, especially during the longer terms were I basically get a good nights sleep and get a **** tonne of work done. You know what works for you- personally I get more work done at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it gives you what you need then yes, take the day off. It's about prioritising what needs doing and keeping your head and your health well. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Wishing you well.*
Take 2 days off. You'll get twice as much done. X
Original post by adz234

If you think you'll be able to get a lot done tomorrow then do it. However, the workload is going to increase by March/April so you may want to ''use'' your days off then instead of now.
Don't be stupid. If you're really struggling, try and get some work done in lessons (you should be able to finish lesson stuff quicker than expected if you work hard), and then work from 5pm (or whenever you get home)-10pm (assuming that's roughly when you sleep from).
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Don't be stupid. If you're really struggling, try and get some work done in lessons (you should be able to finish lesson stuff quicker than expected if you work hard), and then work from 5pm (or whenever you get home)-10pm (assuming that's roughly when you sleep from).

Not always as effective as just having a day of, if you have teachers like I've had that just make you read a textbook and copy out notes you can do it at home in a silent environment in half the time. Also saves transport time which for some people is 2 hours a day. YouTube has taught me more then most my teachers ever have :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Failingstudent98
Not always as effective as just having a day of, if you have teachers like I've had that just make you read a textbook and copy out notes you can do it at home in a silent environment in half the time. Also saves transport time which for some people is 2 hours a day. YouTube has taught me more then most my teachers ever have :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

If this is actually true the single most important thing you can do for your education is to formally complain about your teachers.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
If this is actually true the single most important thing you can do for your education is to formally complain about your teachers.

Yer we have, but there is such a shortage at the moment they haven't found replacements. - they interviewed last year for loads of new science teachers (Chem and bio) and hired only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem is that if you take a day off, you'll have to catch up on all of that day's work on another day.

It's also a slightly slippery slope, coz while a couple of days off isn't going to hurt once you've taken one day off you might be more likely to take more and more.

But if you really need to do it, do it.
You know your school. Some get pretty fussy about attendance. What will your parents say. Take it off if you are fine with the consequences.
I don't recommend it because it would affect your attendance. You say you don't care, but honestly, you should. It's year eleven so it's the year that employers are going to enquire about the most and if they see that you're taking days off for seemingly a minor reason, your chances of getting the job decrease dramatically. Also, ask yourself how much work you would actually get done. It's only six extra hours of work so why don't you just do it when you get home from school?
yes. Take the day off. I take at least one day off in a week :smile:

Quick Reply