The Student Room Group

Psychology 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm studying a social science access course.
I've not been predicted my grades yet but hopefully merits and /distinctions./
I'm thinking about applying to Uni of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores and De Montfort so far.
Received an offer from Surrey today :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by mollielollipop
Received an offer from Surrey today :biggrin:

Well done! What are your predicted grades?
Can I answer this? :biggrin: I'm a first year at Sheffield. Feel free to ask questions, I'm bored.

What subjects did you do? Biology, Sociology and History
What grades did you get at AS? ACC - AAAC at A2
What were you predicted at the end of year 13? AAB
Which university did you go to? Sheffield :biggrin:
Hi,
I do psychology sociology and English literature for A2 (dropped Spanish). Does anyone know whether Warwick or Southampton would be a better choice for psychology?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mcoker1
Well done! What are your predicted grades?

Thanks! Surrey is my first choice so I'm super happy, predicted grades A*A*A, offer is AAB
Original post by Shaaayxp
Hi,
I do psychology sociology and English literature for A2 (dropped Spanish). Does anyone know whether Warwick or Southampton would be a better choice for psychology?

well southampton is ranked 17th for psychology according to the complete university guide whereas warwick is ranked 24th, you may be better looking at other unis with same entry requirements which are ranked better?
Original post by Pippawatsonn
well southampton is ranked 17th for psychology according to the complete university guide whereas warwick is ranked 24th, you may be better looking at other unis with same entry requirements which are ranked better?

I am also applying to Bath, KCL, Royal holloway and Goldsmith. I just need a 5th option :frown:
I study: Psychology, Biology and German.
AS grades: Got BB, was pretty disappointed with that.
Aiming for: AAA at A2.
Looking at: Lancaster, Nottingham, Durham, York and Lincoln
GCSEs: 9 As, 2 A*s

Good luck to everyone:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I study psychology, biology and sociology.
I got AAA in end of year mocks last year
Haven't officially got my predicted grades but probably A*AA - AAA
I am not 100% sure where I want to apply but my current favourites are Exeter, Nottingham, Warwick, Kent and East Anglia.
I've recieved 2 offers so far, an unconditional from nottingham trent (my first choice) and de montfort, both for straight psychology
Good luck all!

If you have any questions about UCL psychology, BSc Psychology or getting into clinical psychology after your degree feel to PM me! *
Reply 32
Aloha:

I forgot to copy and paste the questions, and it's too late now to start scrolling:

GCSE Grades: 5 A's 4 B's and 2C's. A in both Englishes and B in Maths
AS Grade: ABB
Predicted Grades: AAA -
Subjects: Psychology, Sociology and Law
Uni's applying to: Lancaster, Loughborough (someone please tell me how to spell this, before I embarrass myself) , York St Johns and Bath

Anyone else looking at Lancaster or L'boro? :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by hdawg420
I study: Psychology, Biology and German.
AS grades: Got BB, was pretty disappointed with that.
Aiming for: AAA at A2.
Looking at: Lancaster, Nottingham, Durham, York and Lincoln
GCSEs: 9 As, 2 A*s

Good luck to everyone:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

heyhey! Just saw Lancaster! Have you been to visit yet? & well done you on cracking GCSE's tho
Original post by TK_23
heyhey! Just saw Lancaster! Have you been to visit yet? & well done you on cracking GCSE's tho

Thanks so much! Yes, I did Lancaster in June/July. Very small campus which is about 10-15 mins away from centre I think? I really liked the campus feel but some people think it's a bit secluded. The psychology talk was also good:smile:
I think I'm swapping York for Loughborough now, still juggling around Unis to apply for haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I study the IB diploma, HL bio, chem, math, psych, SL chinese B and english langlit.
Predicted grades: 777676,
Looking at Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews, UCL, and Bath!
What subjects do you do? Mathematics, English Language, Psychology

What grades did you get at AS? AAAB

What are you predicted at the end of year 13? A*A*A

What universities do you go to? Lancaster Study Abroad (offer AAB. UC if I firm it), York integrated masters (offer AAB), Warwick (offer AAB), Nottingham (offer AAB), Leeds integrated masters (no offer yet but probably AAA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol everyone is here with there amazing results and im here with my D*,C and a D 😅.
U guys make me feel stupid😑
Original post by Cursed Hedgehog
Lol everyone is here with there amazing results and im here with my D*,C and a D 😅.
U guys make me feel stupid😑

Cursed Hedgehog huh? Sup
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Cursed Hedgehog huh? Sup

Yh I'm cursed 😑

Quick Reply

Latest