The Student Room Group

Will only doing 3 AS levels make your application worse than having done 4 AS levels?

When it comes to universities and jobs, if you only did 3 AS levels when you could have done 4 will it make you have less of a chance of getting in?

I ask because I'm considering dropping one and only doing 3 so that I can focus on the ones that matter most (Biology, Chemistry and Maths for medicine) but ONLY if doing three AS levels won't matter to universities.

I am still going to do the 3 A2's but I'm not planning to do 4 A2's so what is the point of doing the subject this year (history) if I am going to drop it at the end of this year anyway?

I have no interest in continuing history next year as I already don't like the subject as much as I thought I would, so if dropping it now won't negatively effect me I would like to. I just need to know if dropping the subject and only having 3 AS levels will make me look bad compared to someone who has 4.

Thanks to anyone who can help me :smile:
Reply 1
Much bettter to achieve As in your 3 A-levels then waste time and effort on a fourth AS which could distract you from the others. Especially now that most schools have stopped doing AS exams, universities do not consider a fourth A level never mind a fourth AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moshe015
Much bettter to achieve As in your 3 A-levels then waste time and effort on a fourth AS which could distract you from the others. Especially now that most schools have stopped doing AS exams, universities do not consider a fourth A level never mind a fourth AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you absolutely sure that universities don't look at a fourth AS level?
I want to go to medical school you see, I don't know if they have higher standards or something when it comes to AS
Reply 3
Seriously don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Avin101Agiggle
Are you absolutely sure that universities don't look at a fourth AS level?
I want to go to medical school you see, I don't know if they have higher standards or something when it comes to AS

Not since the A-level reforms started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest