The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I've been selected to interview for a position in Apple. Really surprised as I thought I wouldn't get it. :redface:
Looked at what i missed at uni whilst off sick. Now feel ridiculously thick and like i shouldnt even be there. wonder if its too late to pull out?
Original post by ~Tara~
Looked at what i missed at uni whilst off sick. Now feel ridiculously thick and like i shouldnt even be there. wonder if its too late to pull out?

could you go see your professors to talk over what you missed? It can be hard to look over things and understand them without the explanation given during the lecture.
Original post by Sabertooth
could you go see your professors to talk over what you missed? It can be hard to look over things and understand them without the explanation given during the lecture.

Well the subject im gonna struggle most with has a categorical, if you dont turn up dont bother talking to me about this lecture/seminar message in massive writing :frown:
disability service cant help because they told me for months i didnt need headed letter of my disability. Enrol and speak to them. I need signed and headed letter from my psychologist to prove i didnt make the letter myself :/ So im getting no allowances or anything atm, Doesnt matter that i was too mentally unfit to deal with driving to uni even if i could have sat in lessons whilst they recorded.

What unis say they will do to get you in vs what happens when youre there is completely different. I wish id stayed at OU
Original post by ~Tara~
Well the subject im gonna struggle most with has a categorical, if you dont turn up dont bother talking to me about this lecture/seminar message in massive writing :frown:

Do they take attendance?

If not, perhaps a little white lie might be in order? I was there but I didn't understand, could you explain x,y, and z for me again please? Or you could say you had food poisoning or something? No one wants someone with diarrhea and vomiting to turn up.
Original post by Sabertooth
Do they take attendance?

If not, perhaps a little white lie might be in order? I was there but I didn't understand, could you explain x,y, and z for me again please? Or you could say you had food poisoning or something? No one wants someone with diarrhea and vomiting to turn up.

indeed! And yeah registers in all classes. Not that my name is ever on them. Noone knows i have been missing classes for a whole week :colonhash:
I am a little nervous my mother is having her third surgery in the last 3 weeks tomorrow and her fourth in the last 2 months. She has never taken care of herself during my lifetime. She was it 3+pack smoker for 35+ years. So, I am a little nervous for her. She gets a little crazy after her surgeries. After her surgery a couple of weeks ago she called 911 emergency. I awoke to the police pounding on my front door and I answered it. They said they were doing a welfare check because somebody called them. I kind of laughed a little bit and said that's probably my mom. I took them back to her bedroom and she told them the reason she called 911 emergency was because she was hungry and she wanted them to go get her food. They looked at her like she was absolutely nuts. It's a minor surgery but I am still a little nervous for her. She's had to fast for 2 days, that is definitely a long time to fast.
Original post by Malevolent
it's really hard because I see the thread she made about me and I want to say so much but I can't.
you have one of those too?
Original post by CoolCavy

Spoiler

sorry everyone x

Glad you are taking my advice :yes: It's very clear to all of us on here that you are very ill, and that any support any TSR members in MHSS can offer you is not going to be enough (though we are of course happy to do what we can!) :frown: I know that it's really hard to seek help and even when you seek that help, it may not go well/be enough the first time. We've all got our stories of **** experiences with the NHS here and whilst no one should have to fight the system in the first place to be heard, it's inevitable sometimes.

Try and stay safe and please get help ASAP. If the first doctor is ****, then tell any/every doctor til you get heard and referred to a psychiatrist (and ideally a psychologist too). You deserve to be helped to live the life you would want for yourself - and that we would want for you too.

TC :smile:
Original post by emobambam
you have one of those too?

what do you mean? :/
Original post by CoolCavy

Spoiler

sorry everyone x

TLG said it all really. Best of lucking getting help, you deserve it. And we are here too to help alongside the professionals :smile:

And not pathetic at all.*
Meeting new GP and CPN (separately) tomorrow :eek:
Student support want to meet me today to see how I'm doing and how they might be able to support me. Wish me luck! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Student support want to meet me today to see how I'm doing and how they might be able to support me. Wish me luck! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to both! :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :hugs:
I'm absolutely torn. Do I go for this interview with Apple after recently getting a job that makes me so miserable?
Original post by Malevolent
I'm absolutely torn. Do I go for this interview with Apple after recently getting a job that makes me so miserable?

Yes. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you're in a job that makes you miserable.
Not well at all. Saw doctor yesterday since I was sent home from work again and told to go and see them as soon as I could. They reckon I have some sort of infection. Might have to cancel my appointment for Friday because of work. My mental health is going down hill again, spent most of last night crying wondering why I'm such a pathetic mess. Guess that it's going to take even longer to get this show on the road. :sigh:

Latest