The Student Room Group

I find faults in every guy I date and end things

So every guy I date I initially kinda like them then just before we get into a relationship I find faults in them and completely put myself of them and repulse myself from them. Then I start wishing I was dating another guy who's better than them and basically end things with the guy. This has happened several times now what do I do
Reply 1
I would suggest you get a cat, and then another one, and another one...But seriously everyone is't perfect, there would be always something that bothers you. So the best advice is to start thinking how to patiently deal with those things. Ofc you can keep looking for a better guy, but the story is likely to repeat itself.
"every guy"?
maybe you're a lesbian
and there's nothing wrong with that
if anything it should be encouraged
Depends what you deem as bad faults. If he is not treating you right, listening to you or respecting you, then ending it is justified. If it is something petty, then you need to focus on all of the positives about this guy and go with it. Don't lose something good just because you're too busy focusing on the negatives! If you keep doing that you'll end up in a vicious cycle. Maybe it's your gut feeling pushing you away from these guys so you could find the one that you're fully attracted to mentally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Stop being so nit picky then.

/thread
Reply 5
go date someone perfect then like steve carell or james corden etc.
So just don't get into a relationship then...
Reply 7
Original post by sleepysnooze
"every guy"?
maybe you're a lesbian
and there's nothing wrong with that
if anything it should be encouraged

Giggity.
Original post by Anonymous
So every guy I date I initially kinda like them then just before we get into a relationship I find faults in them and completely put myself of them and repulse myself from them. Then I start wishing I was dating another guy who's better than them and basically end things with the guy. This has happened several times now what do I do

Nobody is perfect so you're gonna find faults in everybody. Therefore you have to understand where you will choose to draw the line and suck up the faults that you find that are not past that line.

Learning more about someone, especially their faults, yet still continuing to help them out with their life and being a good friend, thus fostering mutual trust, is the basic foundations of any decent relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending