The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flourish RY
Perella Weinberg Partners assessment day invite

How long after submitting application did you hear back?

I submitted mine 4 days ago. Are there any online tests after submitting app?
Original post by Deltasierra27
How reputable are PWP?

Pretty decent boutique tbh
Original post by Minifeet7
How long do we usually wait to get an answer from HSBC IBD first round telephone interview?

I'm still waiting too! They said 2 days on the phone, but I have a friend who got an email 10 mins after his interview!
Has anyone checked the latest JPM Markets Summer app status? Mine was "under review" for the last 2-3 weeks but changed to "application received" today. Does that mean silent rejection? Anyone has the same?
How long after Lazard quant test did you hear back? I think my quant test was almost perfect, I did it 8 days ago and no answer yet
Original post by shannonswelt
Has anyone checked the latest JPM Markets Summer app status? Mine was "under review" for the last 2-3 weeks but changed to "application received" today. Does that mean silent rejection? Anyone has the same?

Hey,
I've also got current status as App Received but below it says your application is currently being reviewed. So I think it should be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Hey,
I've also got current status as App Received but below it says your application is currently being reviewed. So I think it should be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did u apply? I guess if your status has always been app received then should be ok. Just think it is weird if mine has changed from under review to app received.... :frown:
Original post by shannonswelt
When did u apply? I guess if your status has always been app received then should be ok. Just think it is weird if mine has changed from under review to app received.... :frown:

2nd Oct so quite late I guess. TBH I think the status has no meaning unless it says interview invite or offer (if anyone knows otherwise, please do comment)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4128
Original post by econibpe
interviewed at end of september, invited to AC a week later

thank you! :smile:
Original post by Breakingbank
Pretty decent boutique tbh

Are they better than mid-tier firm like HSBC/RBC/BNPP etc.?

Most certainly!!! If your speaking from an M&A perspective?
Original post by diegodiego
Has anyone heard back from the following:
JP Morgan S&T Summer Intern?
HSBC S&T Summer Intern?
MS S&T Summer Intern?
Citi S&T Summer Intern?
BNP S&T Summer Intern - After completion of online video interview?
BOAML S&T Summer Intern?

Just to clarify mate, are you applying for S&T summer internships?!

"Better" is hard to define, people find different places "better" as it suits them better on culture and their ambitions, working at a boutique and a global full service investment bank are very different
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Most certainly!!! If your speaking from an M&A perspective?

Yes, from an M&A perspective.

Really depends on what mean by "better". Also worth noting that HSBC has a fairly strong deal flow in Europe... basically a bottom tier BB going off of the past few years.
Reply 4135
PWP are levels above RBC & BNP

as mentioned above it depends what you mean by better, for an m&a perspective they work on more interesting deals than hsbc, rbc and bnpp. Smaller teams so you will get more responsibility and exposure, a lot of difference between boutiques and larger firms though so try decide what you would like, but yeah I would say they are slightly stronger than hsbc and defo stronger than rbc and bnpp.. although rbc is actually growing in the US, but still pwp is stronger imo
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Breakingbank
as mentioned above it depends what you mean by better, for an m&a perspective they work on more interesting deals than hsbc, rbc and bnpp. Smaller teams so you will get more responsibility and exposure, a lot of difference between boutiques and larger firms though so try decide what you would like, but yeah I would say they are slightly stronger than hsbc and defo stronger than rbc and bnpp.. although rbc is actually growing in the US, but still pwp is stronger imo

Okay sure! Thanks for the info :smile:
Can someone help with interview question i often struggle wth:

What are the main challenges facing financial institutions and what is the best way of overcoming them?

Except regulation and cybercrime..?

Have Markets interview this afternoon :smile:
Are AM salaries at IBs much lower than grad salaries for IBD? (do you get paid 45K+ for AM grad at IBs?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending