The Student Room Group

What have been your experiences on Tinder?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
You guys do realise there's a pm feature :P

:colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
Had better experiences from Craigslist.

I put an ad there once in the personals part, to sort of see what happened and I got like a zillion replies. Some of the content sounded medically impossible.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

The rep feature is a great way of saying sometimes i cant be asked to respond ^^
The rep feature is a great way of saying sometimes i cant be asked to respond ^^

Okay, how's this? Get off my thread. :colonhash:
Okay, how's this? Get off my thread. :colonhash:

*Moves off , cries a bit *
*Moves off , cries a bit *

:h:
:h:

gn
gn

Sayōnara :tongue:
It's terrible; not that I stuck around to give it much chance.

Essentially people won't ever meet you that match with you on their - unless you wanna go REALLY quick and basically have sex on the first, or at worst for them, second, date.

Horrible.
I met my first serious boyfriend on there, we dated for a year and a half. A few months ago I was in a "why not" mood and redownloaded which is how I met my current boyfriend. There are a lot of f*ckboys tho
Reply 31
Original post by bellalalaxo
I met my first serious boyfriend on there, we dated for a year and a half. A few months ago I was in a "why not" mood and redownloaded which is how I met my current boyfriend. There are a lot of f*ckboys tho

How is a ****boi as on tinder defined?
Original post by TorpidPhil
It's terrible; not that I stuck around to give it much chance.

Essentially people won't ever meet you that match with you on their - unless you wanna go REALLY quick and basically have sex on the first, or at worst for them, second, date.

Horrible.

That's unfortunate. :frown:

My experiences on there have been kind of mixed.
Original post by bellalalaxo

That's good that you met your bf on there. :smile:

And, yeah, too many f***boys on there lol.
That's unfortunate. :frown:

My experiences on there have been kind of mixed.

OkCupid m8.

It's actually alright. At least for guys wanting serious relationships.
OkCupid m8.

It's actually alright. At least for guys wanting serious relationships.

That's interesting, I've heard mixed reviews on that site.

Would you say there aren't as many 'bots' on there, as opposed to Tinder?

And, more people wanting something serious?
Original post by RobML
How is a ****boi as on tinder defined?

IMG_0310.PNG :wink:
That's interesting, I've heard mixed reviews on that site.

Would you say there aren't as many 'bots' on there, as opposed to Tinder?

And, more people wanting something serious?

How do the reviews differ compared to what folks say about Tinder?

I dunno I didn't really use Tinder for ages. I don't recall there being any bots really on Tinder lol. How would you know?

Definitely more girls wanting something serious and willing to meet and more of the non-alcohol field-actually educated sorts of girls too. I would imagine that means the calibre of guy would be better too although there still is gonna be waaaay more guys than girls so wading through them all may be a challenge. But that's an issue of Tinder too no doubt, in fact it is worse since the profiles are so small so you can't really know anything about the person till you've wasted ages speaking to them and you realise you are wasting your time.
How do the reviews differ compared to what folks say about Tinder?

I dunno I didn't really use Tinder for ages. I don't recall there being any bots really on Tinder lol. How would you know?

Definitely more girls wanting something serious and willing to meet and more of the non-alcohol field-actually educated sorts of girls too. I would imagine that means the calibre of guy would be better too although there still is gonna be waaaay more guys than girls so wading through them all may be a challenge. But that's an issue of Tinder too no doubt, in fact it is worse since the profiles are so small so you can't really know anything about the person till you've wasted ages speaking to them and you realise you are wasting your time.

Sort of the same, nothing really bad though like on Tinder.

And, according to my guy friends, there are a lot of bots on there, haven't come across any myself though.

And, aww, I see what you mean, not that much info you can fit on your Tinder profile, also most people choose not to put much anyway lol.
Reply 39
IMG_0310.PNG :wink:

I know what one is, but I don't know in what way they'd be defined on an app designed for casual hookups

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending