The Student Room Group

TSR Med Students' Society Part VI

Scroll to see replies

One and a half weeks into second year and already having a major stress. Can't seem to motivate myself into doing any anatomy and that's pretty much all we're doing atm :frown:
Original post by violin101
One and a half weeks into second year and already having a major stress. Can't seem to motivate myself into doing any anatomy and that's pretty much all we're doing atm :frown:

TeachMeAnatomy for the essentials, and Anatomy at a Glance. Makes things so much more bearable. Have you tried Gray's flashcards? :smile:

Also recommend TeachMeAnatomy. If you have access to Aclands Video Atlas (or just find it on YouTube) then that's pretty useful too, much easier to learn anatomy by seeing the real thing than just reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Also recommend TeachMeAnatomy. If you have access to Aclands Video Atlas (or just find it on YouTube) then that's pretty useful too, much easier to learn anatomy by seeing the real thing than just reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love Acland's video atlas! I find his manner of delivery inexplicably entertaining.
I got a couple of adult colouring books recently (for fun), and I'm really enjoying it, so I'm thinking an anatomy colouring book might be a good idea to revise for finals - would anyone recommend a particular one?

I'm still not sure about the order of my FP preferences, don't know whether to swap numbers 2-4 around and I don't know how to decide either. Can anyone shed any light on Yorkshire (especially South) or LNR (especially Northamptonshire)? Literally anything at all!
Original post by SilverArch
I got a couple of adult colouring books recently (for fun), and I'm really enjoying it, so I'm thinking an anatomy colouring book might be a good idea to revise for finals - would anyone recommend a particular one?

I'm still not sure about the order of my FP preferences, don't know whether to swap numbers 2-4 around and I don't know how to decide either. Can anyone shed any light on Yorkshire (especially South) or LNR (especially Northamptonshire)? Literally anything at all!

I can say a little about LNR- Want to PM?
Original post by ForestCat
I can say a little about LNR- Want to PM?

Will send you a PM, thanks :smile:
Original post by Brockle
I love Acland's video atlas! I find his manner of delivery inexplicably entertaining.

I found him super creepy. You know the children in leotards are his kids?

I also recommend https://www.biodigital.com/ - which helps visualise the muscles etc.

I did very little anatomy in first year, but I find this quite helpful, if I remember rightly you can use Facebook to login.
On the subject of anatomy, anyone got any really neat ways to revise anatomy.

During first year we did a heck of a lot of anatomy in 3 months then never covered it again, and I have found my anatomical knowledge is completely lacking in any bulk.

I am after something quick and easy to do when you have a spare minute, any ideas?
Original post by Natalierm2707

During first year we did a heck of a lot of anatomy in 3 months then never covered it again, and I have found my anatomical knowledge is completely lacking in any bulk.

I am after something quick and easy to do when you have a spare minute, any ideas?

A little expensive but if you have an ipad then essential anatomy. Its great for MSK, and you can dip in and out easily. Less good for organ anatomy.
Teach me anatomy is also a great way of easily looking up MSK.
Original post by Natalierm2707

Does your uni subscribe to Aclands videos? It's honestly amazing

I also recommend clinical oriented anatomy book
If my first two FP options are ones with high scores and my third one is one with a lower score. How likely am I to get into it? Is there a chance I'll miss it completely because people ranked it first and second but might have lower scores than myself?

I was considering putting a thames deanery first then a diferrent deanery second but now tempted to place 2 thames deaneries before my third choice.
Didn't Bob Acland recently pass away? Sure I remember our anatomy lead sending an email out about it.
Original post by Moonkin
If my first two FP options are ones with high scores and my third one is one with a lower score. How likely am I to get into it? Is there a chance I'll miss it completely because people ranked it first and second but might have lower scores than myself?

I was considering putting a thames deanery first then a diferrent deanery second but now tempted to place 2 thames deaneries before my third choice.

That's not how the system works. Deaneries do not give preference to candidates that put them first. You will be competing with other candidates on an equal footing based purely off your scores. There is no need to rank 'tactically' and no reason to rank the deaneries in any order other than your genuine order of preference
Original post by Mrs House
Does your uni subscribe to Aclands videos? It's honestly amazing

I also recommend clinical oriented anatomy book

Yes we do, they are just super long and since were not learning anatomy atm (we did it all last year) i find i just dont have as much time to sit down with the videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJK91
Didn't Bob Acland recently pass away? Sure I remember our anatomy lead sending an email out about it.

Yeah he did, it's on the Acland's anatomy website. He made learning anatomy so much easier, RIP :frown:
Am I the only one who can find clinics painful?

Two patients in two hours. FML.

I dunno if it's my background but the lack of communication skills that some people have is astounding. Half the idea I've no idea what went on in the past thirty minutes so how the hell are patients meant to?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestCat
Am I the only one who can find clinics painful?

Two patients in two hours. FML.

I dunno if it's my background but the lack of communication skills that some people have is astounding. Half the idea I've no idea what went on in the past thirty minutes so how the hell are patients meant to?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! i hate clinics/wards. So painful. Ive just started my 8 weeks of GP and so far its day 2 I've never stayed past 2pm and had 2 free lunches :biggrin:

Also I've got a place in the London marathon and been dumped in the same day... It's been a strange week to be honest
Original post by MJK91

Yes, a bit earlier this year, I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending