The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

Scroll to see replies

The feature I'm most excited for in Sun & Moon is the introduction of Pokémon that have adapted to their environments. I can't wait to see new appearances/types to Pokémon I've loved since 1999. :smile:
Original post by sinfonietta
The feature I'm most excited for in Sun & Moon is the introduction of Pokémon that have adapted to their environments. I can't wait to see new appearances/types to Pokémon I've loved since 1999. :smile:

Are you talking about the alola-forms? or is there another feature in the coming soon editions which I don't know?*
Original post by Kallisto
Are you talking about the alola-forms? or is there another feature in the coming soon editions which I don't know?*

Yes, I am! I'm just of the hopeful belief that they will implement this for future regions too. :tongue:
Original post by sinfonietta
Yes, I am! I'm just of the hopeful belief that they will implement this for future regions too. :tongue:

That would be fine. Same pokemons, but in different regions with different types and even abilities which are adapted to their types. Better idea than the concept of Mega Evolution.*
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Thanks for the tag; alas, I am away without my DS until tomorrow. :moon:

/ unlucky
Reply 145
0275-9604-1414
Original post by Dinasaurus
Friend code is 3754-7690-5563, if anyone has Pokemon Y or X and wants to battle.
Hey, are the second evolution forms of the starter pokemon confirmed yet? if the second form of rowlet has really this robin hood-like look, that would be the best looking plant pokemon I have ever seen (in terms of the starters).
Reply 147
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dartrix_(Pok%C3%A9mon) this is the evolution form of rowlet :biggrin: reminds me more of the owl from winnie the pooh than robin hood
Hey, are the second evolution forms of the starter pokemon confirmed yet? if the second form of rowlet has really this robin hood-like look, that would be the best looking plant pokemon I have ever seen (in terms of the starters).
Original post by Withengar
Your mom as the Champion character.

One probably has to have played pokemon to know that you're actually serious about this :p:
Original post by RGPunt
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dartrix_(Pok%C3%A9mon) this is the evolution form of rowlet :biggrin: reminds me more of the owl from winnie the pooh than robin hood

Yeah, I know this evolution form of rowlet. That is the first one, but I was talking about the second one. I like this starter pokemon up to this evolution form. Hope so that the final form looks awesome. It is said this one looks like Robin Hood. Please, don't let this saying a rumour!
Type null evolution guys:

Original post by Vikingninja
Type null evolution guys:

Would nice, if this pokemon has different varations of evolutions like eevee (with different types of course), the look and the name of the pokemon almost offer that.
Would nice, if this pokemon has different varations of evolutions like eevee (with different types of course), the look and the name of the pokemon almost offer that.

It has a similar system to arceus where if it holds a certain item (by translation it referred to only one item which was weird) its type would change, not sure if its appearance would though its current appearance is several creatures in one.
It has a similar system to arceus where if it holds a certain item (by translation it referred to only one item which was weird) its type would change, not sure if its appearance would though its current appearance is several creatures in one.

I see. Finally the strange name of the pokemon (type null) makes sense. By the way it is the worst one I have ever heard so far.*
Silvally and Kommo-o look amazing. At first I thought Silvally would have the same stats across the board like Arceus, but perhaps base 100 instead of 120, however they explicitly stated in its description that it would be really fast so I'm not so sure now. Kommo-o is going to have sky-high attack though.
Load of leaked pokemon in the demo including final starter evolutions:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Put it in a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know. As it happens I've already seen them, so I'll put my thoughts below:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JRKinder
Put it in a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know. As it happens I've already seen them, so I'll put my thoughts below:

Spoiler

Yeah I've put a spoiler on now.

Spoiler

Original post by JRKinder

Spoiler

How dare you, it's fabulous :unimpressed:

Spoiler

As someone above said, certain pokemons do lack creativity and I completely agree. That new fish with rainbow textures looks not so good. Or those flies, we've got plenty of them - of similar designs. And to mention that there's already like 700+ pokemons, the designers have to think if they want to implement them to the actual game because later on I don't think they'll just remove it. As for today 80 new pokemons is a lot considering the fact we've got huge collection from gen 1
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest