The Student Room Group

Which do you prefer: a pen or a pencil? Why?

Scroll to see replies

Pen because I am a heavy writer and constantly have to sharpen my pencil. But on the other hand I have to use a pencil because of the amount of work I do in maths and physics it is very easy to make a mistake and it looks a mess to constantly put lines through the work. So I use a pencil but would prefer to use pen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
surface pen :wink: ("ink" lasts for more than a year)
Fountain pen ideally.
I bet all you pen lovers would love a trip to pen island.
(edited 7 years ago)
pen is goooder
Original post by HAnwar
Lol I love those. They'll save you money on tippex :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tippex ain't that expensive. They're like 50p a bottle if you buy cheap ones, plus they work even if they're cheap. You could probably buy 10 bottles of them instead of a pack of frixion pens.
Pens.

Dude, the amount of sharpening I have to do when using a pencil, IS UNREAL!:hifro::horse::hoppy::headbang:
Pen, don't like the noise pencils make
Reply 28
Original post by sweetstars
Tippex ain't that expensive. They're like 50p a bottle if you buy cheap ones, plus they work even if they're cheap. You could probably buy 10 bottles of them instead of a pack of frixion pens.

Where are you getting 50p ones from?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For writing I prefer using a pen, I have moved on to ball point pens from the classic fountain pen which used to always use. I very rarely use pencils any more apart from for diy purposes
Reply 30
There's nothing like a new pen and new pad of paper it's so beautiful and you always try and write really neat and carefully which lasts for about half a page.
For writing I prefer to use a pen and for drawing I use a pencil
i use a quill pen ( goose feather since you ask ) for my poems.
I prefer to use scissors. Have you tried to use scissors to write? They're pretty effective. At making confetti anyways.
I like pens better because they are smoother to write with and they don't go blunt
Reply 35
Original post by fardm76
I prefer pencil because they are erasable ! :smile:

Spoiler

Pens were invented before pencils, which were invented before erasers. But now we have erasable pens, so there's no point in pencils anymore.
Original post by Fenice
Pens

They're just that much easier to remove from the anal tract after a quiet night in

I'm just going to pretend I never saw this.
Reply 36
Original post by Kyx
Pens were invented before pencils, which were invented before erasers. But now we have erasable pens, so there's no point in pencils anymore.

I'm just going to pretend I never saw this.

They're also that much easier to clean

Quick Reply