The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metrize
Ah great, mine was sent off yesterday, I hope to get offers soon, the wait is too long :frown:

It depends on you grades though, my friend is predicted 4A* I had to wait 3 weeks for my first offer
Original post by Lauren1498x
A guy in my year already has an unconditional from them

I just changed my choice from warwick to glasgow yesterday :biggrin: hoping for the best
Original post by Shaaayxp
I'm tempted to look but then I see something like £200 for a week and don't think not eating for like the next three years is an option haha. I probably just need to look harder tbh, there are cheaper options.

My personal statement and stuff are done, I just need to pay but I'm deciding between Warwick and Southampton for one of my choices. How about you? :biggrin:

£200?? Oh gosh... I don't even look at the weekly prices anymore I just look at the overall ones but that's such a scary amount. I really wanted to go to London because it's also 30 mins from my home town via train so I thought it'd be nice if I could see my parents whenever with a fair amount of ease but I'd still be far away enough. :smile:

Ooh good job! I've only written half of mine so far, just waiting to finish my EPQ until I do any more. :h:
anyone else applying for social policy and criminology?
Original post by Plum1998
Oo i'm applying for that, where you applying? :smile:

Ooh yay more psychology people! I'm planning to apply to Bath, KCL, Manchester, Cardiff and Birmingham. And yourself? :biggrin:
Original post by everythingice
Ooh yay more psychology people! I'm planning to apply to Bath, KCL, Manchester, Cardiff and Birmingham. And yourself? :biggrin:

yayy!! Haha, I'm applying for Edge Hill, NTU, Sheffield Hallam, Anglia Ruskin and De Montfort!
Imperial haven't confirmed application and bath bristol Cambridge and Loughborough have
Reply 727
Which unis offer full scholarships for international students? I know that Oxford does but others?
Original post by ellamaddiet
anyone else applying for social policy and criminology?

I'm not personally but a friend of mine has! Where've you applied? :smile:
Original post by asdfghjklol
I'm not personally but a friend of mine has! Where've you applied? :smile:

Oh okay! Have they got any offers yet??

Im applying to Birmingham, Leeds, Bath and Nottingham, sent off my UCAS a week ago!
Original post by jneill
UCAS charges £10 to obtain a copy of your application, including the reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you we might do that
Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa
I sent off my UCAS on the 7th of October and I'm dying to hear from my uni's:
PPE- Oxford (confirmation email)
Economics and politics at Bath (their track email), Bristol (no email yet), Exeter (confirmation email) and Loughborough (confirmation email)

Good luck to everyone refreshing their track every five minutes like I am :':wink:

I sent my application to Oxford yesterday. How long did it take you to get a confirmation email from them? Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JellyfishThunder
I sent my application to Oxford yesterday. How long did it take you to get a confirmation email from them? Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My confirmation from Oxford came two days after I sent it :smile:
Cardiff has also sent out offers
Original post by BioOx
Yeah! You are the same as me! I really was expecting an offer from Warwick today :frown:

I think they are not going to make it today, haven't seen any other offer holders either.
Reply 735
Original post by cogito.
I think they are not going to make it today, haven't seen any other offer holders either.

I think that they might have changed their strategy of giving offers!
Original post by BioOx
I think that they might have changed their strategy of giving offers!

Damn this is scary, imagine I am still waiting for Warwick after Jan. Part of the reason I choose Warwick is because of its quick offer. (the teaching quality still makes it a top uni but the offer thing just adds a little bit more on my expectation)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 737
Original post by cogito.
Damn this is scary, imagine I am still waiting for Warwick after Jan. Part of the reason I choose Warwick is because of its quick offer.

Me too.
It is my safety. I have noticed that people are now changing their choices on UCAS track from Warwick to Glasgow because of that!
Original post by BioOx
Me too.
It is my safety. I have noticed that people are now changing their choices on UCAS track from Warwick to Glasgow because of that!

Really? That's kind of overreacting, Glasgow is not as good as Warwick.
And what do you think if I send an email to ask them about any changes in admission strategy?
Reply 739
Original post by cogito.
Really? That's kind of overreacting, Glasgow is not as good as Warwick.
And what do you think if I send an email to ask them about any changes in admission strategy?

Yea please do

I have already asked them about the acknowledgment so I would not like to ask them again
Ask them when do they intend to start sending offers since comparing to the last year they are really slow. The first offer on TSR from warwick was on 26th of September!

Maybe Warwick is better! But Glasgow has a lovely atmosphere and good maths and medicine courses

Latest

Trending

Trending