The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just contact3d them and they said they have alot of campaigns at the moment so give us a call in a few weeks to get an update. Such vague and rubbish answers. Dont see much progress tbh
Has anyone been able to make any contact with manpower? I've tried email a few times with no reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Litts
I wasn't trying to question you, just that you said that you've moved from another OGD. When you fill out a new application it uses your previous details, could have been left over from when you worked somewhere else that's all.

I'd hope that the HR person in charge would know what they're on about so maybe it's a mistake them contacting you :s-smilie:

It's unlikely that it's a mistake because there's a number of people in my position that have been contacted. There's also a number of people in your position that haven't been contacted. My guess is that they will contact you after the 13/10/16 after they've dealt with our batch.
Original post by Litts
I wasn't trying to question you, just that you said that you've moved from another OGD. When you fill out a new application it uses your previous details, could have been left over from when you worked somewhere else that's all.

I'd hope that the HR person in charge would know what they're on about so maybe it's a mistake them contacting you :s-smilie:

I did ask manpower why they were checking us as we are already internal and it made no sense, this is what they replied with.....

In relation to your query for your application we do need to carry out pre-employment checks as we have been advised by HMRC.Someone from the relevant department will be in touch with you as your pre-employment checks proceed.
Oh right....memoryfish are you internal for the june campaign?
Original post by memoryfish
I did ask manpower why they were checking us as we are already internal and it made no sense, this is what they replied with.....

In relation to your query for your application we do need to carry out pre-employment checks as we have been advised by HMRC.Someone from the relevant department will be in touch with you as your pre-employment checks proceed.

Do you have a contact number/email for Manpower? Thanks x
Reply 1866
Original post by Waki7866
Just contact3d them and they said they have alot of campaigns at the moment so give us a call in a few weeks to get an update. Such vague and rubbish answers. Dont see much progress tbh

I've said repeatedly that you won't find out till late Oct or Nov. I expect a start date for your campaign to be approximately Feb.
Original post by Smaack
I've said repeatedly that you won't find out till late Oct or Nov. I expect a start date for your campaign to be approximately Feb.

How do you know this?
Reply 1868
Original post by slc2710
How do you know this?

I've been through thea system andhave seen it in 3 campaigns so far. HMRC HR is understaffed. It is a slow process. it took me 8-9 months from application to start date. I know my training team aren't expecting new starters this year except for those who already know they're starting.
Reply 1869
Original post by Smaack
I've been through thea system andhave seen it in 3 campaigns so far. HMRC HR is understaffed. It is a slow process. it took me 8-9 months from application to start date. I know my training team aren't expecting new starters this year except for those who already know they're starting.

Took me 6 months in total, but 3 of those were waiting for checks and start date. I'm with smaack, I would not be expecting a start date before Christmas.
Reply 1870
Original post by slc2710
Both yourself and HMRC get a copy. Ive got mine and I know both my references have submitted their response but not heard anything else yet

How long did your DBS checks take?
Reply 1871
Original post by lawgrad13
I'm 1320 Manchester as well :-)

One of my referees has been contacted but not the other and my dbs certificate has arrived in the post

when did you get the email to complete your DBS checks?
Original post by daj19
when did you get the email to complete your DBS checks?

I got the email on 30th Sept
Reply 1873
Original post by Waki7866
In the same boat as you Deltaguy. No idea whats happening and not received much from Manpower or Civil Service either.

I Havent heard anything either
Original post by sac14
2015? Do you kniw why it has taken so long?

Got my pension pack the other day, but still no start date lol.
Reply 1875
I got the email on 30th Sept

I'll be keeping an eye out for your start dates. Who knows I may end up buddying you!
I'm not expecting anything from them for a while. I've pushed it to the back of my priorities and forgetting about it until they contact me. Definitely don't expect to start this year. Sounds like they haven't progressed very far with these checks at all; with the majority of us still in the same place we were 4 weeks ago. even when they do complete these checks they need to give enough time for people to give notice to current employers. It's a very draining process.... I was full of excitement when I got the provisional offer.... patients is wearing thin.... So disappointed with their lack of communication.
I'm 1320 Manchester as well :-)

One of my referees has been contacted but not the other and my dbs certificate has arrived in the post

Oh that's good. Keep us updated on the progress.. I hope they don't make me wait until 2017!
Original post by 11222333abc
I'm not expecting anything from them for a while. I've pushed it to the back of my priorities and forgetting about it until they contact me. Definitely don't expect to start this year. Sounds like they haven't progressed very far with these checks at all; with the majority of us still in the same place we were 4 weeks ago. even when they do complete these checks they need to give enough time for people to give notice to current employers. It's a very draining process.... I was full of excitement when I got the provisional offer.... patients is wearing thin.... So disappointed with their lack of communication.

It is a bit demoralising eh?
Original post by TSRGooner
Oh that's good. Keep us updated on the progress.. I hope they don't make me wait until 2017!

I received the certificate in the post too, but does it mean anything?

Does this mean we are scheduled for Nov start?

Latest

Trending

Trending