The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

anyone got the MS IBD 2nd round interviews coming up?
Macquarie rejection for summer, pretty sure because of penultimate thing
Anyone done a Barclays phone interview for Sales/Trading?
anyone heard back after Barclays video online BS or Credit Suisse?
Reply 4144
Morgan Stanley off-cycle IBD phone interview. Any info on this?
Original post by TheParham
Are AM salaries at IBs much lower than grad salaries for IBD? (do you get paid 45K+ for AM grad at IBs?)

It's closer to 40k I think.
can someone please quote that post of princepieman about wages ?
i wanna check it once more now that i have the info for a tier 2 and 1BB from having offers. the base i was told seems bloody low compared to the NYC folks. with the pound down this much it suckzzz balls compared to our predecessors :'(
Original post by Yhanna
Morgan Stanley off-cycle IBD phone interview. Any info on this?

good luck with your interview

when did you apply for this?
Original post by savonarollla
i wanna check it once more now that i have the info for a tier 2 and 1BB from having offers. the base i was told seems bloody low compared to the NYC folks. with the pound down this much it suckzzz balls compared to our predecessors :'(

Unless it's less than 50k you have nothing to worry about... all BBs pay between 50-55k base. Some EBs I'm told pay more but I don't have accurate numbers. AFAIK it's only the French banks that pay less than industry average.

Yes it's true that in USD terms London analysts are being paid materially less than NYC but it was that way even before Brexit...

NYC has always been higher, anything 45 or above is competitive for tier1/2! p.s. my opinion, base salary money for first year is insignificant in your career anyway so i wouldnt let that be a factor in my decision

If the base is below £50,000 then it is low, otherwise it is in line with the market.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by athrowaway
Unless it's less than 50k you have nothing to worry about... all BBs pay between 50-55k base. Some EBs I'm told pay more but I don't have accurate numbers. AFAIK it's only the French banks that pay less than industry average.

Yes it's true that in USD terms London analysts are being paid materially less than NYC but it was that way even before Brexit...

NYC has always been higher, anything 45 or above is competitive for tier1/2! p.s. my opinion, base salary money for first year is insignificant in your career anyway so i wouldnt let that be a factor in my decision

Original post by Commercial Paper
If the base is below £50,000 then it is low, otherwise it is in line with the market.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, heres' to burst your bubble. Citi base IBD 47k ....
i'm looking for info on sign on/bonuses to get a clearer picture ? anybody can help ?
i'm looking for info on sign on/bonuses to get a clearer picture ? anybody can help ?

Is there a weekly accommodation allowance/one-off stipend separate to the salary?

For FT you'd get a sign on bonus separate to your salary, usually between 5-10k.

Are these FT or SA offers?
(edited 7 years ago)
If you decide to do an MSc but you don't know which university it'll be at, what do you put in the application form when you apply in like August / September, and most MSc programmes extend offers after like November?
(edited 7 years ago)

well like I said.. above 45! (3 grand difference, after 40% tax ... it is faaaaacckk all difference over a year).. I would also like info on signing bonuses

Are you sure? My mate got offered £55,000 base from Citi for Grad IBD + £5,000 sign-on. Either way, it doesn't matter. Just get an IBD job, you can always move to a better paying one later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there a weekly accommodation allowance/one-off stipend separate to the salary?

For FT you'd get a sign on bonus separate to your salary, usually between 5-10k.

Are these FT or SA offers?

bonus, is it different between different divisions and teams ?
bonus, is it different between different divisions and teams ?

Sign-on? Pretty sure everyone in the same division gets the same sign-on.
Sign-on? Pretty sure everyone in the same division gets the same sign-on.

yeah sign on, sick guy
Original post by Commercial Paper
Are you sure? My mate got offered £55,000 base from Citi for Grad IBD + £5,000 sign-on. Either way, it doesn't matter. Just get an IBD job, you can always move to a better paying one later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^^ this (said it a few times myself over the 200 pages so far)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending