The Student Room Group

The article on Brexit to end it all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reality Check
Another thing we learnt during the Brexit 'debate' was that the population has had quite enough of 'experts'. Like the experts who predicted that the day after Brexit the Channel would boil with sulphurous fumes and we would be smitten with pestilence and a plague of locusts...

If people are too stupid to take into account what actual experts think and give well reasoned arguments for then they deserve the avalanche of ******** that will no doubt be on its way.
Original post by mojojojo101
If people are too stupid to take into account what actual experts think and give well reasoned arguments for then they deserve the avalanche of ******** that will no doubt be on its way.

Hi, how do you put someone on your 'ignore' list? (it's not you, by the way). Thanks.
Reply 22
It's kind of you to be so solicitously enquiring of our health in Blighty but we're quite fine, thank you.

I should have thought you'd be more worried about more domestic matters such as your forthcoming elections, Angela Merkel's CDU facing a trouncing by AfD and what exactly you're going to do about all those terrorists you welcomed into Germany with gay abandon and now don't know where they've ended up or what they're plotting. And that's before we've even started to think about Deutsche Bank -special favours during an EU stress test indeed! Was that test carried out by an 'expert'?

The change the subject when loosing the argument ploy.
Britain needs a Lee Kuan Yew. Someone with a vision of the future and doesn't give up on making it work. Sadly, because of their party political system always requiring some opposition leader to ***** about, this will never happen.
Original post by Maker
The change the subject when loosing the argument ploy.

Of course. I just want him to lose on all counts - he knows Britain's economy is ****ed :wink:
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Of course. I just want him to lose on all counts - he knows Britain's economy is ****ed :wink:

The only person losing here is you: losing the UK from the EU and all its lovely money which won't now be paying for your migrant crisis created by your silly Chancellor's policies.
Hole? I have destroyed every single one of you points. Congratulations! Another crushing defeat for the Leave camp!

What a load of rubbish! As to the last sentence (and first), gosh - you really are German, aren't you! Wir have destroyed ze points, und ze Leave Camp ist destroyed also, ja! You could get a job as an extra on Dad's Army. Seeing as you dislike the UK and its approach towards things so very much, why do you post on here? Though having only 6 followers in 7 years of membership tells us all we need to know.

One more thing: I am very much not your 'mate', so please don't address me as such.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27

I hope the economy isn't going to get screwed, I need customers for my business. Maybe I should retrain to be an insolvency practioner.
Original post by Maker
I hope the economy isn't going to get screwed, I need customers for my business. Maybe I should retrain to be an insolvency practioner.

Nice to see you're putting considerations of the future of the country ahead of your own desire for personal enrichment.
(edited 7 years ago)
The German Boy has started to have my posts deleted because he doesn't like them. So I need to retype this one.

One more thing: to the i german boy: I actually voted Remain. I genuinely thought we were better off staying within a reformed EU. But you didn't stop to ask that, did you? You were too busy foaming at the mouth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nice to see you're putting considerations of the future of the country ahead of your own desire for personal enrichment.

Like the xenophobic belief that fewer immigrants will mean more jobs and opportunities for the British?

Erm no, it means fewer foreign investors coming to Britain to set up industry and create jobs. It also means fewer doctors and dentists.

And foreign investors, skilled people etc will just go to set up in Ireland which is still in the EU and where they feel wanted away from the racists bigots and islamophobes in Brexit land. The Irish economy will overtake our sorry economy.
Reply 31

Putting yourself before country is a Leavers' trait. I will give you an extra 5p for your Big Issue.
Reply 32
Original post by Tempest II

In terms of "soft power" the UK is second only to the USA.

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending