The Student Room Group

If you could have any superpower...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
why is teleeporting not one of the options in this poll? that would easily be the most useful power to have Imo.
Oh yes, teleportation is one I'd like.
Original post by Fox Corner
....what would it be?

I'd love to be able to stop time - it would be so useful.

Spoiler

Would love a time stopping watch like his.
Original post by ward47
why is teleeporting not one of the options in this poll? that would easily be the most useful power to have Imo.

Don't tell @Fox Corner... but it's in the poll now... :ninja:
Stop/pause time. Always. I've got a bit of a thing with time:smile: (unless there were something on tesseracting or being 4D or something)... If any of you are wondering, it would mostly be used for last-minute revision, allowing more procrastination than ever before!
Teleportation, so I could get to places instantly without having to walk or pay for the bus :smile:
I'd say they all have their uses,
teleportation- i'd never be late again and could go wherever i feel like going without a hassle.
Invisability- I could find out a lot without anyone suspecting a thing, i could sneak out, i could freak people out.
Flying - I would never need to book an airplane ticket again plus i think i would quite enjoy flying at night.
Mind reading - I could know what people are thinking at important times, for example - a job interview, a first date.
Stop time- I would never have to worry about how much time i take to do things.
Super strength- I could lift anything without help.
I personally would go for teleportation though. :biggrin:
Flying - Possibly the worse.
Mind reading - decent, yet not very useful outside of obtaining money.
Stop time - I assume when you stop time, even indefinitely you still age, given any one of these powers could turn you into a millionaire, I don't see much point.
Invincible/immortal - I picked this, could present a major downside which is to be flying in deep space for eternity or something along those lines but I believe if you were to spend a large period of eternity creating spaceships/civilizations (with technology) it could be a remarkably awesome power.

Invisibility - Similar to stopping time just worse.
Super Strength - I already have super strength :wink:
Teleportation - similar to invisibility unless you could teleport to other planets in which case it presents a nice capability, still with a little brains immortality would let you do much more eventually.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kiran.malik123
I'd say they all have their uses,
teleportation- i'd never be late again and could go wherever i feel like going without a hassle.
Invisability- I could find out a lot without anyone suspecting a thing, i could sneak out, i could freak people out.
Flying - I would never need to book an airplane ticket again plus i think i would quite enjoy flying at night.
Mind reading - I could know what people are thinking at important times, for example - a job interview, a first date.
Stop time- I would never have to worry about how much time i take to do things.
Super strength- I could lift anything without help.
I personally would go for teleportation though. :biggrin:

You have the ability to read minds yet you're going to go to a job interview?
Just play poker -> get rich -> if you still want to work, hire yourself.
Original post by XOR_
You have the ability to read minds yet you're going to go to a job interview?
Just play poker -> get rich -> if you still want to work, hire yourself.
]
Lol i like to be doing something, i don't just want to sit there and be rich.
Reply 30
It was a tough choice for me between:

Teleportation - I could travel anywhere in the world for free and without needing hotels (teleport back home to sleep each night). I could be super lazy about getting to uni/the shops/the bathroom/ANYWHERE! And... I could rob a bank to get rich (disclaimer: this is imaginary, okay!)

Invincibility/Immortality - No need to worry about my safety, my health, or my biggest fear - death! I'd give anything to see what the world is like in 1000 years, and with this power I could! Even in 5000 years! I want to see contact made with alien intelligence damnit! I could also pick fights with bullies, which would be fun.

I'd go with Invincibility/Immortality, just because I'm so curious about the future.

One superpower I think deserves more of a mention in these discussions is shape-shifting. Mystique style. Imagine the things you could do if you could look and sound like anybody you want!
Achieve A*s in GCSE and A levels and become a doctor.
Stop time temporarily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Mind reading but that's probably because I am insecure lol
Flying- snazzy but maybe overrated and not as fast as teleportation (plus risk of airplane collisions)

Mind reading- this is a sure fire way to get your feelings hurt, people think all sorts of rubbish and I just would rather be ignorant of it

Stop time- was my first choice initially but I imagine you would become obsessed and eventually get stuck in paused time, plus I think the world would be creepy all paused

Immortal- the reason that life is precious is because it's not forever, plus this could get really boring and you would have to see everyone you love die

Invisibility- a strong choice but again, slightly creepy

Super strength- this is tempting but I think you could get into a lot of trouble with this plus I'm ridiculously clumsy

Teleportation- no more public transport, hop off around the world whenever I feel like it, could work anywhere in the world, could try to teleport to other planets.... what's not to love!
Original post by Queen Cersei
Flying- snazzy but maybe overrated and not as fast as teleportation (plus risk of airplane collisions)

Mind reading- this is a sure fire way to get your feelings hurt, people think all sorts of rubbish and I just would rather be ignorant of it

Stop time- was my first choice initially but I imagine you would become obsessed and eventually get stuck in paused time, plus I think the world would be creepy all paused

Immortal- the reason that life is precious is because it's not forever, plus this could get really boring and you would have to see everyone you love die

Invisibility- a strong choice but again, slightly creepy

Super strength- this is tempting but I think you could get into a lot of trouble with this plus I'm ridiculously clumsy

Teleportation- no more public transport, hop off around the world whenever I feel like it, could work anywhere in the world, could try to teleport to other planets.... what's not to love!

PRSOM

You might have persuaded me to teleportation you know...
Immortality would be a cool one.
Flying I'm not too bothered about.
Superhuman strength is another one of my favourite superpowers.
Mind reading is uber creepy, yet I've done it before. My sister had a boyfriend, hadn't told anybody, and I guessed his name and the correct spelling.
Teleportation is a form of air travel, so technically counts as a form of flying.
Invisibility could be perfect for perverts.
The ability to stop time would be wierd. You would definetly pass all exams like that.
Mind reading.

This gives you the ability to predict, at the speed of thought exactly how a person will move so you would be able to tell exactly where people are and what actions they are taking. Mind reading also gives you the secondary ability of being able to say the correct thing in any situation allowing you to make anyone work for you or join your side.
Original post by jmettam
Mind reading but that's probably because I am insecure lol

That would just make you more insecure imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by RossB1702
That would just make you more insecure imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

meh

Quick Reply

Latest