The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do kings want volunteering in a caring environment or is doing a lot of work experience (hospital, pharmacy, etc) ok??
would it be a disadvantage if my PS didn't have volunteering in a caring environment??
Original post by mm_7
Do kings want volunteering in a caring environment or is doing a lot of work experience (hospital, pharmacy, etc) ok??
would it be a disadvantage if my PS didn't have volunteering in a caring environment??

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok! thanks!also, do you know if kings allows you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?
Original post by AdamCW
Yeah a lot. I'm currently sitting on the toilet contemplating life but I have applied to both the grad and undergrad courses with KCL and I phoned their admissions team prior to applying and remember writing down that the PS counts for a lot. I can't remember which, but it was either the 4 or 5 year course where UKCAT and PS were both held at 50\50 in terms of how serious they take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can graduates apply for the 5 year course too? I thought that was only for undergraduates o.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Can graduates apply for the 5 year course too? I thought that was only for undergraduates o.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

If you apply for the 4 year grad entry AND get to the interview stage but fail to receive an offer, they will automatically list you and consider you on the 5 year course at interview stage.

However, I've applied for both the 4 and 5 year routes to maximise my chances.
Original post by AdamCW
Yep.

If you apply for the 4 year grad entry AND get to the interview stage but fail to receive an offer, they will automatically list you and consider you on the 5 year course at interview stage.

However, I've applied for both the 4 and 5 year routes to maximise my chances.

Ah I see - how would selection work though? Because don't they look at A level grades for the 5 year course? (And most graduates tend to have less than AAA, the minimum requirement)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Ah I see - how would selection work though? Because don't they look at A level grades for the 5 year course? (And most graduates tend to have less than AAA, the minimum requirement)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are a graduate, they DO NOT look at A Levels or GCSEs.
Original post by AdamCW
If you are a graduate, they DO NOT look at A Levels or GCSEs.

Ohhh I see, that makes sense. By the way, what's the difference between an interview for the 5 year course and the one for the 4 year course? Just wondering tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rifdhy
My bad, just checked King's website and 630 was a 'competitive score' last year.

No its 630 for 2015 entry. Last year's hasn't been released yet I don't think and in 2015, UKCAT re-scaling had caused many UKCAT heavy universities to have really really low cut-offs. For King's it really should be more than 630 to get interviewed as 630 isn't a norm.
Original post by mm_7

I think it's listed as a desirable but nobody will have ticked everything on their list trust me. As long as some of them have been checked off you're fine.
Original post by studentsixth
I think it's listed as a desirable but nobody will have ticked everything on their list trust me. As long as some of them have been checked off you're fine.

oh ok!! thanks
does kings allow you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?
Guys by how much are GCSEs taken into account???!!!
Original post by mm_7
does kings allow you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?

No (unless it's something new this year)
Original post by Hormonal
No (unless it's something new this year)

oh i thought it did! because i know that queen mary does it but wasn't sure about kings! ok thanks anyays
Original post by mm_7
oh i thought it did! because i know that queen mary does it but wasn't sure about kings! ok thanks anyays

Does queen Mary allow year 1 transfers? Omg where does it say this ? 😛😛
Original post by stressed16
Does queen Mary allow year 1 transfers? Omg where does it say this ? 😛😛

they said at their open day on saturday
I have 4A*s 5As 1C at gcse and i've achieved 3 As at A-level and an A at AS, also have 700 in my ukcat. Do you think i have a chance of getting in with my low gcses?
Original post by primadonnas
I have 4A*s 5As 1C at gcse and i've achieved 3 As at A-level and an A at AS, also have 700 in my ukcat. Do you think i have a chance of getting in with my low gcses?

What's the C in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
What's the C in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

arabic lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending