Anyone fasting today????😇🤗🤗🤗🤗

Alhamdulillah yes.

Original post by Zamestaneh
We love your posts, sis, so keep it up :biggrin:

May Allah help/guide the person in their affair as He sees best

Jzk, you all are so nice masha'Allah :h:

Ameen :smile:

Original post by IdeasForLife
I'm sorry to hear that, is there any way any of us can help? May Allah help that person with their problems.

Doing oright alhamdulillah, I might go at 8am insha'Allah. Lol go sleep bro, you don't wna be a zombie in the day :tongue:

Jzk for the concern :smile: unfortunately no one can help really but Allah swt. AMEEN.

Original post by junayd1998
I heard some ppl fasting today, Whats the reason.

It is the 10th of Muharram.

Watch this short video:
https://youtu.be/n6g32j1eg1s
Today/Tommorow [depending on how you follow the moon and your particular madhab/sect], hundreds of millions of muslims will be commemorating the brutal slaughter and massacre of the Grandson of Muhammed s.a.w, Hussain ibn Ali a.s, along with many other descendants of Muhammed s.a.w and the banu-hashim and their companions.

What is it about?

For one to begin to examine why Hussain , the grandon of Rasulullah s.a.w rose up, we must first take a step back and reflect on the political arena at the time. The despotic ruler was a tyrant who went by the name of Yazid , the son of the previous caliph, Muawiyah, the son of the fierce enemy of Muhammed s.a.w, Abu Sufiyan.

Now, Yazid ibn Muawiyah abandoned many of the essential principles and tenants of Islam. He was a wild drunkard, a ruthless ruler, despotic, and unlike his father, had very little political awareness and had terrible judgement. From his attack on the K'aba , to a number of atrocities committed during his life time [least of all slaughtering Hussain a.s and the family of Muhammed s.a.w], by his abandoning of Islam and terrible decisions and ruling, the threatened to unravel the religion, step by step.

In order to try and gain some legitimacy, he forced and would coerce prominent and well known people, a number sahaba, to give him the oath of allegiance, thus, giving him a false air of legitimacy.

Hussain ibn Ali a.s knew full well - as did those with him- that giving Yazid this Bayah, especially a personality with such prestige, garnering such widely held respect, even among his enemies, as Hussain ibn Ali a.s had, it would have given Yazid the lisence to carry on as he willed. He was young at the time, and may have ruled decades on [a frightening prospect].

By refusing to give him the oath of allegiance, and having his own body slaughtered mercilessly, as well as the death of even a six month old child whose neck was pierced by a three-pronged arrow, his stand and sacrifice sent a message that reverberated far and wide, laying the foundation that would then be the fall of Yazid, and setting a template against despotic rulers.

Why commemorate?

It is widely accepted, in both shia and sunni circles, that Muhammed s.a.w, the greatest creation, the greatest man to have walked this earth, a man whose very actions and way of life we yearn to aspire to and follow, even in the most minute detail, was forewarned about this tragedy. Indeed, it saddened him and some reports narrate him shedding tears. It broke his heart to see what his own Ummah would do to his grandson.

"...the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said to one of them [either Aisha or Umm Salamah raḍyAllāhu 'anhum (may Allāh be pleased with them)], “An angel entered the house on me, he never entered on me before, and he said to me, 'this son of yours, al-Hussain, will be killed, and if you wish I can show you the soil from the earth where he will be killed'. Then he took out some red soil”. [Recorded in Musnad al-imam Ahmad, vol. 6 p. 294]

Sheikh Al-Albani says: “Altogether, the Hadith is authentic by collectively considering all the chains of narration. This is true even though each single chain is not free from defects, but it's minor defects. This is not to mention that some of those chains were graded as Hassan [less authentic than Sahih, yet authentic] by al-Haythamee. And Allah knows best.”

Hussain ibn Ali a.s was the sweet basil of Muhammed s.a.w. He is one of the leaders of the youths of paradise [we will all enter as youths]. He was a Sahaba, and above that, a man attaining the rank of Ahlulbayt. One who, along with Hasan a.s, was taken to the event of Mubahila, to represent the muslims, as the 'sons' of Rasulullah against the christians of Najran.

His death so monumental, even the angels go to Rasulullah s.a.w and show them the red soil inwhich he will be martyred.

Closing:

The heart-wrenching events that occurred in Kerbala would cause even one not acquainted with who Hussain ibn Ali a.s was shed a tear. But for one who knows his position, and recognizes the full effects of his sacrifice, a glowing sense of appreciating at this selfless grandson of the holy prophet s.a.w emerges.

His stand and sacrifice is not one that should be simply read as an event from the books of history. Rather, is is a lesson, that must be renewed, year after year, and in his example we must aspire, or try to follow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hussain ibn Ali a.s prayed and offered salah despite the difficult circumstances before the massacre and during it. He sacrificed everything for the sake of Allah, and retained patience and tawakkul in Allah. Every breath, step, word, was all for the sake of Allah. His sacrifice, his message, and his life take one no-where but Tawheed. But Quran - for he embodied and was a walking Quran. It takes us no-where but Muhammed s.a.w, for he embodied his Sunnah.

Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam.
Good to see you're still around.
How's uni?

Walaykumsalam,

Not too bad, how are you brother?
Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah yes.

Jzk for the concern :smile: unfortunately no one can help really but Allah swt. AMEEN.

Watch this short video:

oh okay
Just thought id ask a question that ive been wondering for quite some time now. Why arent muslims allowed to celebrate halloween?????
Thanks
Original post by Tawheed
x

Salam
You're against self-flagellation though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmirahxRashid
Just thought id ask a question that ive been wondering for quite some time now. Why arent muslims allowed to celebrate halloween?????
Thanks

It's a pagan festival and we should not support/celebrate traditions which are not from Islam.
Muslims should only celebrate two days which are the two Eids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember to keep the ummah in your duas this iftar Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salams everyone, hope you all had a great day!
Yet again, hope Allah accpets your fast for those who are fasting today
Reply 3391
Original post by HAnwar
Salam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was about to ask that. I asked my friend she said it is ok because it shows love etc although she won't do it :/
Of course I told her that it is not in Islam.

Original post by ak143244

Wa'alaykum Assalaam,
Ameen.
Original post by junayd1998
I heard some ppl fasting today, Whats the reason.

Looool just asked my mum that. She sed its the day if ashoora. Its the day that allah parted the river for musa as. And something bout an important iman dying who got tortured cos of his faith. Thats all i got.
Original post by HAnwar
It's a pagan festival and we should not support/celebrate traditions which are not from Islam.
Muslims should only celebrate two days which are the two Eids.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks i thought it was to do with witchrs and devils. Thats what i heard
Original post by h333
Was about to ask that. I asked my friend she said it is ok because it shows love etc although she won't do it :/
Of course I told her that it is not in Islam.

Wa'alaykum Assalaam,
Ameen.

Well I hope for his safety he doesn't practice it.
That's scary and it's good you told her.
Original post by AmirahxRashid
Thanks i thought it was to do with witchrs and devils. Thats what i heard

Idk something to do with spirits and the dead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah yes.

Watch this short video:

BarakAllahu Feeki
Original post by ak143244

Wa'alaykumasalaam, I hope your day was good too.
Original post by HAnwar
Salam

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is against bloodletting (which would therefore include blades and chains to flog oneself) - he has posted a fatwa of Khomenei or Sistani several times on previous ISOC threads which condemns the practise as it makes Shi'ism look bad as well as counting as self-harm... I am unsure about self-flagellation which does not shed blood.
(edited 7 years ago)
He is against bloodletting (which would therefore include blades and chains to flog oneself) - he has posted a fatwa of Khomenei or Sistani several times on previous ISOC threads which condemns the practise as it makes Shi'ism look bad as well as counting as self-harm... I am unsure about self-flagellation which does not shed blood.

That's good but both sound alarming :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3398
Original post by HAnwar
Well I hope for his safety he doesn't practice it.
That's scary and it's good you told her.

Idk something to do with spirits and the dead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I know he is against it like the way it is done extremely, so yeah he won't insha'Allah.
Yeah it is scary tbh :/ but like she is not completely against it as she says it is part of shiasm etc but she said it has limits. Still I was like as far as I know, it is not part of Islam, extreme or not. She said a couple of things which I didn't understand at all and had nothing to do with this but she was using it to say it is ok....honestly i didn't understand it :s-smilie:

There are countless people within shiasm doing this like why don't they follow the fatwas then? :/
https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/videos/1172194179494814/

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon

Feel so sorry for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending