The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2017 University of Edinburgh hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trythis
Any thoughts on when Edinburgh will start sending out offers? I'm getting kinda antsy :colondollar:

From what I've heard, they send offers really quickly for internationals, but take a very, very long time when it comes to people from the UK. Like, March time... It's only October, I wouldn't expect much honestly!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 81
I got an offer to study Biological sciences (Biochemistry). The offer is 34 IB points with 5,5,5 in Bio/Chem.English and 6 in Maths Standard
Hi, Im late to this but I want to apply for English Lit at Edinburgh, but I have already submitted my UCAS to my school without Edinburgh as a choice! But I think its okay because I still have a few chances to change my choices (I hope so anyway!)

GCSE Grades: A*AAAAAABB
AS Grades: ABB
Predicted A Level Grades: A* A A/B
A-level Choices: English Literature, Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics), Drama
Course: English Literature
Other Uni's: Kings London, SOAS, Exeter, Nottingham

Is Edinburgh a realistic option for me? The website says the typical offer is A*A*A :/
Also, Im going to visit soon but not on an open day as all the open days have gone, who has visited and did you like it, what were halls like? I love historic cities :smile:
Original post by Dalia.aldu
Hi, Im late to this but I want to apply for English Lit at Edinburgh, but I have already submitted my UCAS to my school without Edinburgh as a choice! But I think its okay because I still have a few chances to change my choices (I hope so anyway!)

GCSE Grades: A*AAAAAABB
AS Grades: ABB
Predicted A Level Grades: A* A A/B
A-level Choices: English Literature, Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics), Drama
Other Uni's: Kings London, SOAS, Exeter, Nottingham

Is Edinburgh a realistic option for me? The website says the typical offer is A*A*A :/
Also, Im going to visit soon but not on an open day as all the open days have gone, who has visited and did you like it, what were halls like? I love historic cities :smile:

Hey!! Haha, Edinburgh's offer range is actually AAA - ABB for English Literature if you look at the page at it's entirety or go on WhatUni or WhichUni to look at the course. So yes it is realistic.
Original post by Nomes24
GCSE Grades: 11A*s
AS Grades: A (only took one non-reformed A Level)
Predicted A Level Grades: A*A*A*
A-level Choices: English Literature, History, Maths
Extra Curricular: Extended essay, lots of extra reading, school paper, equality society
Other Universities Applying To: Oxford, UCL (English as well as Arts & Sciences majoring in English), KCL

These look familiar :wink: Good luck!
Original post by Fafalala
Hey!! Haha, Edinburgh's offer range is actually AAA - ABB for English Literature if you look at the page at it's entirety or go on WhatUni or WhichUni to look at the course. So yes it is realistic.

Actually they increased their typical offer to A* A* A so the range is now A* A* A- ABB so they were right about that
http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/degrees/index.php?action=view&code=Q30

BUT you would probably only get an ABB offer if you have contextual considerations. It is a VERY competitive course. Of course there is no reason not to try with the grades the OP hopes to get nd if they write a great personal statement they may well get an offer but it may well ask for A*s now
Original post by cordelia_hughes
These look familiar :wink: Good luck!

Fancy seeing you here :biggrin:
Edinburgh gave me an offer of A*AA for Physics today. I'm an English student so practically international, does anyone else have an offer of any form yet?
Original post by Candidate6
Edinburgh gave me an offer of A*AA for Physics today. I'm an English student so practically international, does anyone else have an offer of any form yet?

I would assume they get the international and English students out of the way first, since they pay higher fees. Us Scottish and EU students are still waiting, as far as I know.
Just got an email from the uni of Edinburgh saying they're considering my application 😱😱😱😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Nuba123
Just got an email from the uni of Edinburgh saying they're considering my application 😱😱😱😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulationssss:biggrin:

what course are you applying to?
Original post by Chiminh
congratulationssss:biggrin:

what course are you applying to?

Medicine! Wby? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if welsh students get replies as fast english students then? seems as the uni will still get the 9k but the rest is just from the welsh government?
Original post by JamesEvans
Does anyone know if welsh students get replies as fast english students then? seems as the uni will still get the 9k but the rest is just from the welsh government?

I can't see any reason why it should be different for you guys

Me and my friend both got offers, his for maths and mine's for computing and maths. Well done on your offer :biggrin:
Original post by AzzAxC100
Me and my friend both got offers, his for maths and mine's for computing and maths. Well done on your offer :biggrin:

Oooh well done and thank you! Are you both from England/ Wales?
Has anyone logged onto that thing sent in the acknowledgement email?
Oooh well done and thank you! Are you both from England/ Wales?

Thanks :smile: We're both from Scotland, we live just outside Edinburgh. It's a lovely place to be, really can't sell the city enough!
Course Applying: MA History of Art or Fine Art (5 year course)
S5 Results: Highers - AAAAB (Art, English, Biology, Maths, Geography)
S6 Results (Pending) : ABB ( Higher Modern Studies and History and Adv Higher Geography)
Extra-Curriculars: House Captain and Prefect, Saltire Award, Head of Anti-Discrimination Committee, Pupil Council, Amnesty International Committee, Head of LGBT committee, Yearbook Committee, Media Work Experience, Ran my own Art Exhibition, Dance teaching experience, Co-founder of Art Club.
Other Places: Glasgow, St Andrews and Aberdeen
Original post by RMStewart3
Course Applying: MA History of Art or Fine Art (5 year course)
S5 Results: Highers - AAAAB (Art, English, Biology, Maths, Geography)
S6 Results (Pending) : ABB ( Higher Modern Studies and History and Adv Higher Geography)
Extra-Curriculars: House Captain and Prefect, Saltire Award, Head of Anti-Discrimination Committee, Pupil Council, Amnesty International Committee, Head of LGBT committee, Yearbook Committee, Media Work Experience, Ran my own Art Exhibition, Dance teaching experience, Co-founder of Art Club.
Other Places: Glasgow, St Andrews and Aberdeen

Ah i'm applying for history of art but was also tempted by their 5 year fine art course- they both seem really good there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending